-5/+5 CV Output?

-5/+5 CV Output?  

RSS

hybrid909
(@hybrid909)
19/10/2019 1:13 am  

Hello,

Is there a way to set Eloquencer so that it outputs -5/+5V CV instead of 0/+10? I see that there is a toggle on the back, but that is labeled CV in. I feel like I must have something configured incorrectly because Eloquencer seems to be adding CV to whatever I'm doing whether it's using the EME or just the CV outputs.

For example, I was programming a bass line using my MIDI keyboard playing in the C1-C3 range through a MIDI-CV interface set to output -5/+5. As soon as I switch over to Eloquencer it sounds like it's playing in the C4-C6 range instead.

I have to be missing something here.

Thank you!

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
21/10/2019 8:54 am  

Hi Hybrid!

The switch on the back, as you have read,  is relative to the 2 'CV inputs'. This switch needs to match the software configuration in OPTIONS > CV in assign.

You can find more information in the manual page 4, 16, 17, 18

http://winter-modular.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Eloquencer_Manual_V1.3.0.pdf

One hypothesis, if your CV is offsetting when you change that switch it is probable that you have something assigned in 'OPTIONS >  CV 1 assign > Assign : CV Q or CV add' or 'OPTIONS >  CV 2 assign > Assign : CV Q or CV add'

Which Firmware version do you have ?

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
21/10/2019 9:22 am  

The only way to have -5/5 Volts outputs is modifying the electronics.

ReplyQuote
hybrid909
(@hybrid909)
22/10/2019 12:42 am  

I am using the newest firmware. I think it's 1.3.8. I'm not actually using the CV inputs I am either directly inputting the notes with the buttons/encoder or I am experimenting with the new EME that I have had for just a few days. It seems I still have a lot to learn about modular.

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
22/10/2019 10:05 am  

Even if you don't use the CV inputs, Is something configured there ? ('OPTIONS > CV 1 assign > Assign : CV Q or CV add' or 'OPTIONS > CV 2 assign > Assign : CV Q or CV add'). I mean ... if you change the physical switch and the pitch changes it has to be something related with the CV in configuration, not the CV in itself.

ReplyQuote