[Solved] clock input  

RSS

turk128
(@turk128)
17/05/2019 12:22 am  

The eloquencer is an amazing sequencer, hope to see mod features soon, and i would like to point out that when receiving a clock trigger

from hexinverter mutant brain its not detected precisely on time it drifts outs  +1 / -1 bpm..

when can we see an update, and new features in the firmware?

thank you

Topic Tags
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
17/05/2019 8:52 am  

Hi turk!

The clock oscillation you mention can be an addition of factors, minimal fluctuations in the source, minimal fluctuations in the readings. Added to this: what you see in the display is just an rounded value of what you have on the input, it doesn't modify the tempo. Let's say you send a clock of 120.6 bpm, the display will show 121 bpm, but the sequencer will be working at 120.6 bpm.

The new FW is ready, and will be released when shipping the new EMEs (around 27th of May).  This new FW includes some improves in the way the incoming clock is detected and measured. Now the possibility to send faster clocks and divide it with 'clk in mul' it is much more stable.

Ablektro liked
ReplyQuote
tomazzzi
(@tomazzzi)
24/05/2019 9:07 am  

Hi,

Would be awesome to add a clock dividor/multiplier per track to allow different tracks speeds.

Not sure if this is possible but would be a killer feature.

Thanks

Regards

ReplyQuote
tomazzzi
(@tomazzzi)
24/05/2019 9:24 pm  

Sorry my mistake, just checked the manual again and noticed you actually have a divider per track 🙂

Awesome !

So as a wanted feature 🙂  

It would be great to be able to use a different step mode in a divided track ( ex : backward + Div 4 )

Thx again for this monster !

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
31/05/2019 8:30 am  

Hi again !

You are not the first to ask for this, "division per track independent from the step mode".

I've tried to code it once and it was a little mess :D, but I will try again 😉 because it is one of the most demanded functionalities.

Thanks for the feedback !

ReplyQuote
Dunej
(@dunej)
22/06/2019 7:31 am  

I would really like to assign different clock divisions to different tracks.  From Muffwiggler forum, and from Tomazzi post above, it appears that this is possible.  Could you explain again how to do this?

And--thanks so much for putting in all the hours to create this excellent machine!

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
22/06/2019 9:38 am  

You just have to press FUNC + STEP MODE (step 4)

Then select the tracks you want to modify, move the encoder and go to DIV/x (x defines the amount).

If you want to change the amount of divisions you just have to press the encoder and rotate. press the encoder again to confirm.

More information in the manual page 13

ReplyQuote