Data Knob sensitivi...

Data Knob sensitivity issues  

RSS

yohan753
(@yohan753)
12/08/2019 6:46 pm  

Hi, I purchased my Eloquencer recently and its a great sequencer.  However, I have been noticing what seems like too much sensitivity with the data knob.  For example, if I am trying to navigate the menu structure...sometimes when I rotate the knob slightly to move the arrow up one level, it will jump two or three levels.  Also, sometimes when I press the knob in to select a level, it recognized the press as a rotation and then a press, so it selects the wrong level or row.

Is this a bug?

Thanks!

Jon

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
13/08/2019 11:06 am  

Hi Yohan !

The rotary encoder is a mechanical component. That mechanism is not perfect, so that's why we add electronic components to avoid false contacts and mechanical bouncing, and additionally we also add software debouncing. We obtain the rotary encoder direction and amount of 'clicks' reading two pins that send pulses. Sometimes can happen that if the encoder is moved when the synth is powered off, and is left between two clicks, when you power on the synth the program won't now very well where the encoder is. If this is not your case and you have always that issue maybe there is a mechanical problem in the encoder, if the encoder axis has been forced, or some mechanical element from the encoder has failed it can happen.

Is this issue always happening ? or it only happens once in a while ?

Regarding the issue related with pushing and changing an encoder value, this can happen, just need to push in the precise axis direction.

ReplyQuote
yohan753
(@yohan753)
13/08/2019 2:03 pm  

@wintermodular

Thank you for the reply.  This only happens sometimes.  Tonight when I get home I will make sure the knob is not in an in-between spot when I power it up.

I'll report back. Thanks!

Jon

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
13/08/2019 3:28 pm  

Thanks to you !

Let us know the result of your tests 🙂

ReplyQuote
yohan753
(@yohan753)
21/08/2019 3:30 pm  

Hi, I have not been having the problem after making sure the knob was not in an in-between spot on start up.  Thanks again!

ReplyQuote