Edit one sequence w...

Edit one sequence while another is playing and one issue  

RSS

ddoyen
(@ddoyen)
02/01/2020 7:22 pm  

Hello. I was wondering what the simplest solution for what I am trying to accomplish. I basically just want to be able to edit a pattern while another is playing so that in a live environment, I can prepare an on the fly improvised pattern to transition to from my currently playing pattern. I recognize there are ways to do this by chaining two patterns together and selecting another pattern to edit while the others play, but sometimes I do not necessarily want to be working on a chained pattern and like the 16 step/one page maximum length. 

I have also encountered what may be a bug. While editing a pattern that is not playing, if I change a tracks track length, there is a slight hesitation of that track in the currently PLAYING pattern, and I hear it fall a step or two behind the rest of the sequence. 

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
07/01/2020 3:48 pm  

We are trying to add new short keys / custom buttons to the EME to make the difference between 'next pattern to edit' and 'next pattern to play'.

We have to decide yet.

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
07/01/2020 7:36 pm  
Posted by: @ddoyen

I have also encountered what may be a bug. While editing a pattern that is not playing, if I change a tracks track length, there is a slight hesitation of that track in the currently PLAYING pattern, and I hear it fall a step or two behind the rest of the sequence. 

you are totally right, will fix for the next one

ReplyQuote
Alex
 Alex
(@alex)
09/01/2020 11:28 pm  
Posted by: @wintermodular
Posted by: @ddoyen

you are totally right, will fix for the next one

When is next one due roughly ? I love this sequencer soo much 🙂

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
13/01/2020 8:31 am  

@alex

I'm working on it.
Maybe a release a beta version soon, for the forum users so it can be tested for those who want.

ReplyQuote
Maikschott
(@maikschott)
Eminent Member
14/01/2020 9:12 am  

@wintermodular

That would be great - I also miss that function that allows me to edit a pattern, while the other keeps on playing.
With pattern copy some things do not work out so well in a live in stage surrounding.

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
15/01/2020 9:06 am  

@maikschott

and duplicate ?

ReplyQuote
Maikschott
(@maikschott)
Eminent Member
15/01/2020 7:14 pm  

@wintermodular

Does not work for me, as the duplicated pattern is always played while editing. 

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
16/01/2020 9:07 am  

@maikschott

OK! 🙂 will study the possibility to add the different assignment for 'next pattern to play' and 'next pattern to edit' in the EME shortcuts while being in single pattern play

ReplyQuote
Maikschott
(@maikschott)
Eminent Member
16/01/2020 10:20 pm  

@wintermodular

Super - would be a great relief for some users I think 🙂 

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
17/01/2020 8:46 am  

@maikschott

It's already done ! 🙂 it will be in the next fw release. I have kept 'next/previous pattern' as it was (act as 'to play' in single pattern and as 'to edit' in pattern chain or song) and I have added 'next/previous pattern edit' that will act as 'to edit' in all the situations.

ReplyQuote
Maikschott
(@maikschott)
Eminent Member
17/01/2020 9:21 am  

@wintermodular

Super - thanks a lot for your quick responding on those kind of topics! 

ReplyQuote