.elo file format

.elo file format  

RSS

echox
(@echox)
07/01/2020 2:54 pm  

Hi there,

would it be possible to get any information about the .elo file format?

Sometimes I would love to simple write down some note progressions or copy a small melody on the sd card. Start with it and then refine it on the eloquencer.

Is there any chance to get some details on the .elo file format which is used for saving projects? I would expect a small header, some settings, maybe a checksum and then the track notations. Everything wrapped up in a binary format?

I understand that this won't be helpful for the average user, but it would then be possible to write some small tooling for it 🙂

Any chance of more information? Couldn't find the firmware online which would be wonderful but is a whole other kind of discussion and I don't want to derail this thread.
If there is no time for doing a short writeup maybe I could get a glimpse at the persistence code for figuring it out by myself?

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
07/01/2020 3:15 pm  

Hi @echox !
Of course ! I should have released the code long time ago, but as it was dirty, without comments or documentation I have been postponing it.
I don't have time to prepare proper documentation but I can post the 'write_project_to_SD()' function and other functions that you would need to translate the PROJECT_XX.elo files. Anyway I will be here, so if you need it I will be happy to help.
I think I have a calc sheet with something related to the project data structure too.
Would it help you to have this part of the code ?

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
07/01/2020 3:18 pm  
Posted by: @echox

Is there any chance to get some details on the .elo file format which is used for saving projects? I would expect a small header, some settings, maybe a checksum and then the track notations. Everything wrapped up in a binary format?

quite accurate 🙂 no checksum

ReplyQuote
echox
(@echox)
07/01/2020 5:32 pm  

@wintermodular

Posted by: @wintermodular

Of course ! I should have released the code long time ago, but as it was dirty, without comments or documentation I have been postponing it.

Yep, like always 🙂 😉

Posted by: @wintermodular

I don't have time to prepare proper documentation but I can post the 'write_project_to_SD()' function and other functions that you would need to translate the PROJECT_XX.elo files. Anyway I will be here, so if you need it I will be happy to help.
I think I have a calc sheet with something related to the project data structure too.
Would it help you to have this part of the code ?

Yes, this would be extremely helpful 🙂 Looking forward to it. Thanks 🙂

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
08/01/2020 9:25 am  

I attach a *.zip containing :

-'write_project_to_SD()' function. It is executed when the Project is saved ( FUNC + PROJECT > SAVE PROJECT). This one was improved by Jeremy Bernstein (cycling 74)  so it is much more clear and bright than the rest of the code 🙂
- 'data conversion.ino'  contains all data conversion functions. Data shifting and masking to get the different step values and other parameters. For example there's an uint32_t array that is called  'DATA_CV_G_L' that contains information for CV, CVP, CVR, G, GP, GL, GLP and GLR there are some functions that shift and mask this variable to get the different values. For example 'read_CV_from_array()'
- 'DATA_STRUCTURE.ino' contains the most significant array definitions
- Finally the calc sheet !! It is better than I was expecting, although it is not 100% up to date, but can help to understand the project file.

Let me know if you have any doubt

ReplyQuote
echox
(@echox)
08/01/2020 11:24 pm  

@wintermodular

Thanks, this is helpful 🙂 It helps to also have the eloquencer around to just try things out 🙂

I might be back with some questions, but I've got a start 😉

ReplyQuote