Eloquencer feature ...

Eloquencer feature requests: new expander, glide and microtuning  

RSS

Dwyer
(@dwyer)
29/11/2019 12:44 pm  

Hi, Eloi! I really love your sequencer but for me it would be 146% cooler if you added to the Eloquencer these 3 features: 

1. 8 more CV outs for modulations.

What about a new expander for the Eloquencer with 8 new CV outputs? Programming them can be added to the “mod” mode. 

2. Glide. Westlicht Performer, Black Sequencer by Erica, Varigate/Voltage Block: all modern sequencers have glide. If you could add it to the Eloquencer - it would be great!

3. Microtuning. It would be so rad if you added support of custom user scales with microtuning. Korg minilogue/monologue have this feature for example.

What do you think about this?

Afturmath
(@afturmath)
New Member Customer
30/11/2019 3:10 pm  

+1 for microtuning and glide.

I've been thinking/wondering about a CV expander a lot lately, and I wanted to voice my suggestion.

8 CV out expander with a column of 8 buttons to the right of a column of CV outs. See mockup below. This would allow for positioning to the right of the Eloquencer outputs with access to the buttons from the right side. I was thinking instead of Mod, the outputs would map to a second CV layer with note/value, probability, variation functions like the main CV channel, doubling the number of pages in the CV menu. The buttons could be macros to cycle through CV2 pages for that track or remapped to a global macro function like mute, fill, or random (per-track). With EME, the CV2 track could be mapped to velocity by default and re-mappable in a similar way to the current CC assignment system. 

I was thinking this could fit into 6HP with a dual layer board or multiple boards using a pin-header-sandwich design, but I don't know what DACs you used and how they would fit. Any larger than 6HP and I would feel greedy and want 2 additional CV outputs to work as velocity and aftertouch (or multiple CCs, or more generally pitch + cutoff + EG length or similar. That seems like it would be a lot of RAM, though... 

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Afturmath

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
02/12/2019 11:57 am  

Hi @afturmath and @dwyer,

Another user ( @kilowatt ) has had the great idea to put all the bugs and feature requests together.
Do you mind if I move you requests there and answer them ?

Afturmath liked
ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
02/12/2019 12:06 pm  

@afturmath

Many thanks for the ideas afturmath, we have to think about the possibility to implement this expander, not yet sure about its viability

Afturmath liked
ReplyQuote