Notifications
Clear all

ELOQUENCER sequencing MONOTRIBE ?  

RSS

Toned
(@toned)
08/09/2020 9:37 pm  

Hello !

I am trying to sequence a Monotribe with my Eloquencer with the "new" cv/gate update (2.1) from Korg. Does anyone know exactly how to do it, in terms of exactly what cable is needed ? (i am currently trying with a 4 pole to triple RCA video cable as described here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFVz-I7zx1A&list=PL5hLWs4VnJbwQTEQbXB6rsZJTx2k86a7P&index=3&t=0s

but without any luck... Thank you !

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
14/09/2020 11:54 am  

Hi @toned !

Do they specify which signal do they need in their inputs ?
Eloquencer provides a 7'5 Volts Gate, and a 0 to 10V CV output.

ReplyQuote
Toned
(@toned)
15/09/2020 10:49 am  

@wintermodular

Thank you for answering ! No apparently they don't (or i cannot find it...). People usually connect the monotribe to MS20 mini which outputs 8v CV that is the only thing i can find. After a LOT of research i found that the ideal cable is this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004SP0WAQ which apparently comes with a small adapter that swaps the lower Ring (Ring 2) with the Sleeve: apparently, there are two configurations for the headphone/mic combo port on the market, really crazy...I have just ordered it hopefully it will work. If it will not then i am out of ideas...if you have any ideas MORE than welcome ! Thank you ! 😉

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
16/09/2020 5:15 pm  

@toned

If you are into DIY you can try to do a custom cable, if the voltage is not high enough you can try to pass the signal to a simple amplifier module, or create a custom one.

ReplyQuote
Toned
(@toned)
16/09/2020 5:45 pm  

@wintermodular

Thank you for answering! Unfortunately i am not into DIY. I've seen that it works fine though if sequenced by a KORG SQ-1 and a MINIBRUTE with a cable like that. Fingers crossed then !

ReplyQuote