Eloquencer stuck wi...

Eloquencer stuck with weird tempo setting and not responding (bug report)  

RSS

Frablum
(@frablum)
09/09/2019 12:33 pm  

Hi Eloi,

I am having a big issue with the Eloquencer. For some reason the tempo setting seem to not work as expected and is stuck as seen in the attached image.

It seems to be possible to change the tempo setting but the screen is very slow to accept the new value. Moreover, the clocking is extremely slow, one step every 12 seconds, even if the clock is set as 'INT' and the bpm was set at 130, and there are no clock divisions in the tracks (all step modes are set to FWD). Also, pressing H to tap tempo does not seem to have any effect.

It seems that the whole interface is responding in sync with this undesired 10-seconds-per-step clock. For example, trying to save the project in a new slot is not immediate but I need to wait for this long clock to get the project menu visible, or to get the selection for the new project slot acknowledged.

An hypothesis is data corruption of the specific project I'm using. I don't think it's a defect in the SD card because the same project, copied, displays the same problem. By loading a different project the bug is not there.

Let me know if you need further action from my side to get this bug properly understood.

best,

-Francesco

Frablum
(@frablum)
09/09/2019 12:34 pm  

The project with the problem is 'C14' which I think it's PROJECT_045.elo. I will attach it to this reply so you can inspect it.

ReplyQuote
Frablum
(@frablum)
09/09/2019 12:44 pm  

Hmm, apparently I cannot attach project files in this forum. If you want you can download it from here: http://frablum.com/static/PROJECT_045.elo

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
11/09/2019 11:10 am  

Hi Frablum !
Sorry for late reply ! We were some days out of the office (at last!)

😱 😱  That's really weird !!

I think your hypothesis is 100% right, there is a kind of corruption in that project file. I was going to ask you that specific file but you are quicker than me. 😀 
Let me inspect the file and try to fix it.

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
11/09/2019 11:53 am  

Ok! I have checked the file and, as you guessed, there was a problem on that file. The header has been corrupted but I think I manage to save some information. You have probably lost some information like 'shuffle' , 'master track config',  or scales, but I think the patterns are ok.
If  I'm right, you had like 6 or 7 patterns.
Please replace the old _045 with this new one attached

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
11/09/2019 12:09 pm  

I've sent you the file via e-mail

ReplyQuote
Frablum
(@frablum)
11/09/2019 12:42 pm  

Thank you so much!!!

ReplyQuote
Frablum
(@frablum)
17/09/2019 9:58 am  

Unfortunately another project got corrupted. I didn't do anything weird, saved, then shut my system down after a few seconds, and then restarted it, and the project has again a weird tempo setting and the entire device is almost non-responding.

I might try with a different SD card.

This post was modified 1 month ago by Frablum

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
17/09/2019 12:02 pm  

You are probably right, there might be some problem in the SD card.

Please keep me updated.

Frablum liked
ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
26/09/2019 9:43 am  

@frablum

Did you solve the issue with the new SD card ?

ReplyQuote