Notifications

Feature request - Sync tracks  

RSS

Doc
 Doc
(@doc)
29/05/2020 11:30 pm  

Hi,

I don't think we currently can have multiple tracks following the same random steps.

It would be very powerfull to be able to have few tracks targeting the same random steps but with specific parameters (cv, gate prob etc.).

It would help to keep consistency while using random step mode.

Cheers !

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
01/06/2020 9:32 am  

Hi @Doc,

What do you exactly mean ? Do you mean that some track parameters are tied to a specific track step probability?

For example. You have a STEP 8 in TRACK A that has a 50% step probability. Other parameters from other tracks that are pointing step 8 will have probability variations only if the STEP 8 takes place.

How do you imagine the interface for this feature. I can't imagine an easy and intuitive way to do this assignments.

ReplyQuote
Doc
 Doc
(@doc)
01/06/2020 3:52 pm  

Hi,

Let me answer to your last question, it should clarify my point. One way to do it would be through the step mode : TRACK A : RAND - TRACK B : follow A.

Going back to your first question, I would prefer to keep a maximum of parameters independent. But I guess that if you tight the step, the step probability (= gt prob) has to be tight as well. And if a step if skipped, obviously the others parameters won't occur. That's fine for me.

Does it make sense ?

ReplyQuote
Doc
 Doc
(@doc)
01/06/2020 6:03 pm  

But I guess that if you tight the step, the step probability (= gt prob) has to be tight as well.

Actually it would be a great deal to have a track following a "master one" but with independant gt prob values.

It would be usefull when programing a sequence that prevent overlapping between tracks.

ReplyQuote