Notifications
Clear all

Firmware Update from  

RSS

Werkzug2020
(@werkzug2020)
17/12/2019 9:09 pm  

Hello Eloquencer Community!

This is my first post on the forum although I purchased my Eloquencer  late in 2017.

On power up my Eloquencer displays 1_0_4 and I'm assuming that this ended the firmware version.

I looked at the back of my module by the power ribbon cable and see 2111 which I believe is the serial number.

Also etched on the back of my module is JUN17 and eloquence v.1.1 which I believe is when my actual module was made.

My questions are:

1. I see both v1.3.8 and v1.3.0 firmware updates on the downloads page. Which one should I update my Eloquencer to? I am not using the EME expander.

2. Do I actually have to recalibrate my Eloquencer once I update to whatever version of 1.3 software that is right for my module? I have never calibrated my Eloquencer since owning it.

Thanks in advance for your answers to my questions!

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
18/12/2019 5:34 pm  

Hi @werkzug2020 !

Posted by: @werkzug2020

1. I see both v1.3.8 and v1.3.0 firmware updates on the downloads page. Which one should I update my Eloquencer to? I am not using the EME expander.

1.3.8 is the better because it has some features strictly related with Eloquencer that older versions does not have.

Posted by: @werkzug2020

2. Do I actually have to recalibrate my Eloquencer once I update to whatever version of 1.3 software that is right for my module? I have never calibrated my Eloquencer since owning it.

You have a second batch Eloquencer, that means that you don't need to recalibrate. You will see that, after the update, when you power up the Eloquencer int will show a status screen that will check the calibrations.

Remember to follow the update instructions PDF, avoiding metal surfaces below the Eloquencer, and powering the Eloquencer during all the update process.

ReplyQuote
Werkzug2020
(@werkzug2020)
18/12/2019 7:05 pm  

Thank you so much for the quick response to my email inquiry!

I will make sure to read the update process thoroughly before proceeding.

Wish me luck and Happy Holidays!

ReplyQuote
Werkzug2020
(@werkzug2020)
18/12/2019 7:07 pm  

oh...one more question.

Will the update erase any of the patterns, songs, etc... that I have made on my Eloquencer?

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
19/12/2019 9:05 am  

@werkzug2020

no, everything will remain in the micro SD card

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
19/12/2019 9:06 am