First Week: Second ...

Notifications
Clear all

First Week: Second question! (The last one for awhile I promise)  

RSS

kbowman016
(@kbowman016)
05/09/2020 5:33 pm  
So far the module is super easy to understand and navigate. It really feels really thought out and designed. I can see already that I made a great decision buying it.

Right now I am stuck on a gate issue: changing the gate length seems to have no effect on the gate. I have the CV going to my 2hp VCO Into a vca and the gate going to the cv in of the vca. I have tried sending the gate to an ADSR then to the vca but the results are the same.
I am hoping that I'm just an idiot who is forgetting something basic, but really I can't figure out what. I mean there should be a noticeable change in the length between 1/128 and 1/16 right? On Divkid's video there is a huge difference. Sorry for the crappy sound from my phone but it's the best I can do.

Any clue as to what I am doing wrong?

Topic Tags
kbowman016
(@kbowman016)
05/09/2020 5:59 pm  

UPDATE: So I did another power cycle and it seems to work noW (sort of)  If I run the gate straight to the vca cv in and adjust the gate length there is a noticeable difference. However, if I run the gate to an AD or ADSR then to the cv in and add even the slightest amount of delay or release, there is no change in the gate length at all. On Divkid's video, he is running the gates to an envelope and then to the vca. So I don't know why it doesn't work for me.

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
14/09/2020 12:02 pm  

Hi @kbowman016 !

There are ADRS (or modules) that respond to the rising and the falling edge and others that just respond to the rising edge. If then destination module only responds to the rising edge the Gate Length won't have any effect.

ReplyQuote
kbowman016
(@kbowman016)
14/09/2020 1:55 pm  
Posted by: @wintermodular

Hi @kbowman016 !

There are ADRS (or modules) that respond to the rising and the falling edge and others that just respond to the rising edge. If then destination module only responds to the rising edge the Gate Length won't have any effect.

Gottcha! Thanks for the response! For some reason, the original issue I had was solved by a power cycle and your reply takes care of the rest. I've been having a lot of fun using this module and it is exactly the sequencer I have been looking for! 
Thanks! 

ReplyQuote