Gate Probability 0%...

Notifications
Clear all

Gate Probability 0% ? 🙂  

nicolas mollet
(@nicolas-mollet)
Topic starter  

Hi Heloi

I'm going really crazy about the Eloquencer, more over since i've got the midi fighter controler link to it.

I really like the non destructive parameters and especially the gate prob add. 

Do you think it will be possible to add in a next firmware update the fact that gate prob = 0% at minimum value instead of 12,5% ?

I will be really cool because combine to the midi fighter you could wright "ghost rythme" that could more or less play depending on the gate prob add value. I already use this technique but as the gate prob minimum value is 12,5% it makes that sometimes the "ghost rythme" is played. I hope my explication is clear...

Let me know if you think that this is possible and in adequacy whith your vision of the module.

Thanks again for your work.

have a good day

Topic Tags
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin

Hi @nicolas-mollet !

Perfectly explained. I'm totally agree with you! Using gate probability with an external MIDI controller really needs to reach 0% probability.

The problem remains in the data structure where the project parameters are stored. The slot for Gate probability is 3 bits, so there are only 8 possible values.
I could try to add a configuration where the minimum value is 0% and the other values are distributed from 0% to 100%.

I note it for possible future updates.

ReplyQuote
nicolas mollet
(@nicolas-mollet)
Topic starter  

@wintermodular

Thanks for your answer ! For me 7 values + the value 0% will be perfect 🙂

Hope your work with the drum module is going well ! Can't wait to meet it !

ReplyQuote