Having trouble with...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Having trouble with Part sequencing.  

RSS

kbowman016
(@kbowman016)
12/10/2020 5:23 pm  

Hello! 
So I am kinda stuck and I really could use some help. I want a part sequence to be 51 steps. So I have set it up this way:

1. A1 has a pattern that is 16 steps long. The first step has a gate length of 1/128 and is set to tie. There is a non-tie gate on step 4 to close the gate. video sample
  2. A2 has a pattern length of 16 steps but is blank of gates or cv.
  3. A3 has a pattern length of 16 steps but is blank of gates or cv.
  4. A4 has a pattern length of 3 steps but is blank of gates or cv.

I use the Song mode and followed these steps:

I choose "Create Part" and select A1, then I click the encoder to finish.
I then press step 1,2,3 & 4 to choose select A1,A2,A3 & A4. The Pattern Length now shows:4.
I click the encoder to finish.
I make sure the Song and Loop mode is set to "On" and press play.

When the loop plays it plays A1,A2,A3,A4 and then it continues to loop A1. Video example

I have watched numerous videos and I feel that I have followed all the steps correctly. What am I doing wrong? 

kbowman016
(@kbowman016)
12/10/2020 5:37 pm  

I have a feeling that it has something to do with the Master Track setting and somehow detaching the part sequence from the Master Track. What I am attempting to do is make a digital tape loop patch that follows the structure of the attached jpg. 

Is this possible? Can someone help me here?

ReplyQuote
kbowman016
(@kbowman016)
12/10/2020 8:30 pm  

I also noticed this in the manual: "... In this case, it's not possible to choose empty patterns to create a Part." 

So does this mean it is not possible to create a part that is empty? So if someone wanted to create a loop that was 24 steps long had notes only on the first three steps, they couldn't create one pattern that was 16 steps(with the notes on the first three steps) and then create another pattern that was 8 steps in length but was empty and then chain the two patterns together in a Part? 

ReplyQuote
kbowman016
(@kbowman016)
12/10/2020 9:45 pm  

Also if it helps- here is a graphic that shows what I am attempting to do:

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by kbowman016

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
14/10/2020 12:13 pm  

Hi @kbowman016!

Sorry for the delay in the answer.
I'm gonna try to answer all your questions.

First of all, answering to your first question, you can create a sequence that loops every 51 steps.The clue here is, as you have previously mentioned, the 'master track'. You must configure Track A as master track ( FUNC + CLOCK > Master Track : TRK-A).

It is also important to check which tracks are listening to the master track, check this on FUNC + OPTIONS (hold) > Track Reset config (and activate the tracks that will reset to its first positions when the master track reaches its end)

In the video I can see how you create a part, so you just need to play the part ('Play Parts') and select the part you have just created (in this case this is part A1). A 'song part' is a sequence of 'patterns', and a 'song' is a sequence of 'song parts').

Posted by: @kbowman016

I also noticed this in the manual: "... In this case, it's not possible to choose empty patterns to create a Part." 

It refers to non-edited patterns, you can't choose a pattern that hasn't been edited.

Posted by: @kbowman016

So does this mean it is not possible to create a part that is empty? So if someone wanted to create a loop that was 24 steps long had notes only on the first three steps, they couldn't create one pattern that was 16 steps(with the notes on the first three steps) and then create another pattern that was 8 steps in length but was empty and then chain the two patterns together in a Part? 

You can create a 24 steps long loop.

Pattern A1 / track-A is 16 steps long
Pattern A1 / track-B is 16 steps long
Pattern A2 / track-A is 8 steps long
Pattern A2 / track-B is 16 steps long

Track-A is master track

If the configuration is active in Track B 'track reset config', when Track A reaches its end ( step 8 (24) in pattern A2), Track B will jump to step 1 in Pattern A1.

If the configuration is not active in Track B 'track reset config' when Track A reaches its end ( step 8 (24) in pattern A2), Track B won't reset, so it will jump to step 9 in Pattern A1.

Regarding the diagram you show, you are sequencing tracks independently, but this is not possible because song part does not sequence tracks it sequences patterns. You probably could do something like this for particular cases, combining DIV/x and different tracks lengths on a single pattern, but restricted to specific multiples.

I understand what you need, and I see the use for this, but it can't be done right now .

ReplyQuote
kbowman016
(@kbowman016)
14/10/2020 2:03 pm  

@wintermodular

Thanks for your reply it was very helpful, although I am disappointed since I thought the Eloquencer would be the sequencer that finally allowed me to make digital tape loops. However, it is still a great sequencer and has become the heart of my system. 

I guess I can only hope that someday maybe there will be a firmware update that allows for looping like in my diagram. (finger crossed)

Thanks again for taking the time to reply! 

ReplyQuote