Hold Button Request

Notifications
Clear all

Hold Button Request  

RSS

Scott M2
(@scott-m2)
03/08/2020 10:04 pm  

I have what I hope is a simple request...

In FREEPLAY mode it would be great to have a Hold button to lock-in a drone and "free" up another hand for knob manipulations.

I see that the Step Mode button is not yet in use in FREEPLAY mode, so it would be a logical candidate. It would be a toggle and could turn Red or Green when engaged.

Fingers crossed that this is do-able and not a big deal.

Cheers!

dysphonix liked
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
19/08/2020 11:57 am  

Hi @scott-m2

Sorry for the delay in the answer, it was lab/cave time working on new things ! 🙂

We like to drone ! so we like this feature !
Which behavior do you expect? When you press a new key the first one de-activates ? or do you need to press the same key to de-activate it ? We are working on a new polyphonic mode that could interfere with this.

ReplyQuote
Scott M2
(@scott-m2)
25/08/2020 6:01 am  

@wintermodular Also sorry for the delay! A fellow droner!

I was originally thinking only mono, so a new key would replace the previous key. Pressing the same key twice or pressing the Hold button again, would deactivate it.

For poly, having both options available via a menu item is ideal, so you can match personal style/preference or match the response to the individual piece or jam. So, either being able to playing a new note/chord to replace the previous one or to build up and down chordal drones bit by bit. Win/Win! If only one version is possible, then pressing a key again to deactivate, would be my preference.

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
25/08/2020 11:06 am  

@scott-m2 Thanks for the feedback ! Will bear in mind your ideas.

ReplyQuote