"Input CV sum" befo...

Notifications

"Input CV sum" before or after scale quantize ?  

RSS

gfcalvi
(@gfcalvi)
15/10/2019 10:06 am  

Hi,

I'm waiting to receive my Eloquencer in a couple of days, so I'm new to the community.

I have a question related to "input cv sum". Is the input cv added to the original cv before or after the scale quantization ?

If it's done before the scale quantization we have a diatonic transposition while if it's done after the scale quantization we have a chromatic transposition.

Is there an option to select before or after ?

Thanks

GF

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
15/10/2019 10:42 am  

Welcome GF !

The quantization is done at the end of the process. So it takes the note in the sequence (unquantized), adds the amount received in the CV input, and then the sum is quantized to the nearest valid scale note.

Do you find the other way useful ? You can obtain values out of the scale if you quantize and then add.

Another approach could be to change the scale root, right now this only can be done with the MIDI expansion (EME).

ReplyQuote
gfcalvi
(@gfcalvi)
15/10/2019 10:55 am  

"Do you find the other way useful ? You can obtain values out of the scale if you quantize and then add."

Hi, yes I find it useful, particularly if I would like to transpose the tonality of the whole song (e.g typical minord third movement).

But anyway I can obtain this effect adding voltage to the final output of Eloquencer before sending to the vco; the important thing for me is that inside Eloquencer the "input cv sum" is before the quantization (so I don't need an external quantizer for diatonic transposition).

Thanks for the quick answer

Bye

GF

ReplyQuote