Live Record CV gate...

Notifications

Live Record CV gate and CV pitch from external sequencer  

RSS

Refrochia
(@refrochia)
23/06/2019 9:45 pm  

Hi!

Love my Eloquencer - great module and I havent even scratched the surface when it comes to the randomisation!

But, is it possible to live record the CV inputs?  I've read the manual and it looks like it isnt so if not is it a feature than can be implemented?

For example, when the sequencer is running you can live rec the CV inputs to a track (CV pitch in one input and CV gate in the other) - recording what you play on a CV enabled keyboard or what a Turing Machine generates?

You could even go further and if possible add the ability to use the reset input as a means to change the track that the CV inputs are recording to?

I've not checked out the EME properly but I guess the new "MIDI in Rec" option gives this functionality from midi?  Would be awesome to be able to record CV as well.

Thanks

R

This topic was modified 1 year ago 2 times by Refrochia

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
25/06/2019 8:07 am  

Your first suggestion, record CV and Gate, is on the 'to do' list but not yet implemented.

Maximum time resolution will be one step, I mean... it won't be a continuous CV recorder.

ReplyQuote
Refrochia
(@refrochia)
25/06/2019 9:59 am  

Awesome - thanks!

So if recording an LFO for example then it will capture it as a stepped LFO?  I could live with that - the main thing I want to do would be to do is record random sequences from the Turing machine and tweak if necessary before recording more random sequences on other tracks.

Regarding the 2nd suggestion, thinking some more about how this could work, it would be good if there were different options about how to use the reset input, one option would rotate through the track to record to when a trigger is received, so track A then track B and so on.  Another option could use a trigger input to rotate through the pattern chain, recording on the selected track but a different pattern when a trigger is received.  The last option could be 8 tracks divided by 10volts with a particular voltage selecting the track to record to (similar to how 1V/Oct works with pitch).

Anyway thanks for listening and cant wait for the CV record to be implemented!! 🙂

R

ReplyQuote
jube
 jube
(@jube)
15/06/2020 4:23 pm  

I’m in the market for a sequencer with this function specifically. Is this feature implemented by any chance?

ReplyQuote
jube
 jube
(@jube)
17/06/2020 10:52 am  

I believe I’ve found the answer in a draft pdf for the 1.4.0 firmware release notes! 😅. I’ll assume I can safely purchase one and have faith I’ll see the function land in a stable version in the near future. 

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
25/06/2020 9:23 am  

Hi all !
Record CV and gate (stepped)  from CV in 1 & 2 is available in the beta version 1.3.9 taht can be found in this forum.

ReplyQuote