Minor Bugs and Char...

Minor Bugs and Characteristics that make it (for me) impossible to use it as a live tool.  

RSS

FJL
 FJL
(@fjl)
20/10/2019 8:52 pm  
hey you at winter modular.
i have a couple of severe problems concerning live performances with my device. unfortunately i cannot find a solution on my own. therefore i am hoping that you could make some time to answer a couple of questions i have:

1) Gate ties are not recorded correctly, sometimes the recording seems to be interrupted which leads to super short gates being recorded.
2) deleting a track over multiple patterns is really a pain in the a**. i have to correctly time hitting the track button 4 times to delete it over a length of 4 patterns.
3) i cannot record an arpeggiated sequence via the keystep, since hitting start/stop interrupts the pattern of the eloquencer even though the clock is set to internal. it is connected via usb. it really seems to me, that these things are really minor, but still in total they completely take out the flow of performing live for me. i would be very very, really, very happy if you could help me with it.

thanks a lot and greetings from germany

UPDATE*

hey mate. i found something that hopefully helps to figure out a solution for the problem concerning the gate ties: it seems that if you hit multiple keys on the keystep in a fast and upfollowing order, the gate gets registered on the first key hit. meaning, that if i want to play for example a fast pattern of key 1,2,3, that is faster than 16th notes, the second key is following the gate of key 1, but with different pitch. that leads to the fact, that if i release key 1, the gate closes and key 2 is not playing anymore. do you know what i mean? it really would mean a lot to me if you could figure out a solution, or just tell me that i am stupid and didnt go over the options correctly. 😉

what would be necessary to solve this is, i think, is recording/registering a new gate with every new pitch coming in. or is it possible that the quantizing behaviour of incoming gate/pitch information is somehow not bug-free?

i dont know if it has to do with eme aswell?

Anyways, i have some gigs coming up soon: help please!!! 😀 Thank you man.

FJL
 FJL
(@fjl)
20/10/2019 8:53 pm  

@wintermodular

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
21/10/2019 9:05 am  

Hi @fjl !

Sorry for the delay in the answer, really intense days here in Catalonia.

Regarding number 1 you are right, we will work on a solution to be release in the upcoming firmware release.

Regarding number 2, I understand, What do you propose? To delete all the tracks that are chained or inside the song part ?

Regarding number 3, we have already start working on a solution to give the option to de-activate the MIDI transport messages.

Will try to release a firmware update soon with, at least, 1) and 3) solved.

ReplyQuote
FJL
 FJL
(@fjl)
21/10/2019 11:33 am  

@wintermodular

Hey, first of all, thank you for looking into it. 🙂 i can totally understand that you have other places to be right now than in the forum, concerning the situation in catalonia. 

Concerning 2): yes, i would love to see an option to delete a track in all chained patterns with one button-hold. keeping in mind that the option to edit one pattern individually still exist, imo deleting the track in all chained patterns should be the go to for live performance (at least for my needs). 

what do you think about it? is it possible to add an option to select the "deleting" for: "current values", "curr. pattern", "chained patterns", "current song" ?

ReplyQuote
FJL
 FJL
(@fjl)
21/10/2019 11:35 am  

Sorry, i forgot to mention that i am super happy and excited that 1 and 3 are already being worked on 🙂 !!! 

ReplyQuote