Notifications
Clear all

persist aux config  

RSS

joa23
(@joa23)
27/07/2020 1:17 am  

Hi there, 

Is there a way to persist the aux configuration. I would like to keep it on trigger reset on stop as reconfiguring that when loading a song project is painful.

Thanks for any hint.

Topic Tags
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
27/07/2020 12:04 pm  

Hi @joa23 !

I'm not sure if I understand the issue. Do you mean that the AUX configuration dissapears ?

By default AUX configuration is set to 'gate', if you change the configuration to 'trigg reset on stop' and then SAVE the project, the AUX configuration will be saved with the project, so if you LOAD that project again it will have the desired configuration:  'trigg reset on stop'.

If you load a new project it will have the default configuration: 'gate'

I hope it helps

ReplyQuote
joa23
(@joa23)
27/07/2020 6:09 pm  

Hi @wintermodular

Yes - as you describe it works. However, I would like to set this once global if possible?

Is there a way to edit the binary on the SD card?

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
28/07/2020 8:13 am  

Hi @joa23 !

I'm afraid it is fixed to project, there is no possibility to  make it global (unless I change the code).

Regarding the binary files, there is a forum threat where I post the code related with data structure, and files stored in the SD card. You have all the information to decrypt the project_files and the global configuration files.

http://winter-modular.com/community/eloquencer/elo-file-format/#post-716

I don't know if some user has done a computer editor with this.

If you need any help don't hesitate to ask.

ReplyQuote
joa23
(@joa23)
28/07/2020 3:14 pm  

@wintermodular

Thank you. Excellent. I will check that out. Sounds like the global config file is what I'm looking for. 

It might be worth to think about making that and other things simple text files. Mathias Kettner (Sinfonion) just announced a new module based on text config files and it seems very powerful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHS1gD9oliE

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
28/07/2020 3:40 pm  

hi again @joa23 !

the smaller files like global_config, or tune files are txt files.

The bigger files like project_file_xx.elo are binary because it is much more efficient in terms of memory space than txt.

The aux config is stored in the project file not in the global files, that is why it is associated with project.

joa23 liked
ReplyQuote