Notifications
Clear all

Polar variation!  

RSS

Kattefjaes
(@kattefjaes)
04/06/2020 7:41 pm  

Hi Eloi,

Still really enjoying my Eloquencer. It's the best thing I ever added to my small system, and makes it more playable and fun. I do have a small request, however...

I'd like the option to be able to make CV variation polar on a per-track basis. Sometimes bipolar isn't suitable, because you have a low variation chance and want to often play the lowest note in the range rather than the middle one etc.. There are some situations (especially with chromatically-mapped sample slices) where this would be really useful.

In an ideal world, the option would be to select between BIPOLAR, POLAR UP and POLAR DOWN if that makes sense?

Topic Tags
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
04/06/2020 7:57 pm  

Hi @kattefjaes

Many thanks for your nice words ! 🙂

You are not the first to ask, I have had similar requests, something like asymmetrical CV range, something like to add/subtract an offset to the range. In its minimum value it will be like polar down, in its maximum value it will be like polar up, in the middle in will be bipolar, and all the intermediate values.

It is in the 'possible to do' list. I can't tell you if it will be done or not yet.

Easementh liked
ReplyQuote
Kattefjaes
(@kattefjaes)
04/06/2020 8:32 pm  

Many thanks for your nice sequencer! 🙂

Yes, that makes sense too and is quite an elegant/simple approach. Well, if you ever feel like adding that, I shan't complain- it will be very useful (especially for fun and games with triggering chromatically-mapped samples).

ReplyQuote
pauls999
(@pauls999)
14/06/2020 2:22 pm  

I'm just looking at buying an Eloquencer and this was the first things that jumped out at me of having a unipolar random note range. I also have the Vector 512 sequencer and that allows either a positive or negative range of notes in the random CV which I find very useful, being Bipolar only is a bit of a issue as many of the basslines i do and add random note CV's in work from the lowest note upwards, i.e. in a positive only range. 

This post was modified 3 months ago by pauls999

ReplyQuote
Scott M2
(@scott-m2)
19/07/2020 8:37 am  

I'd like to jump in here to request, not just the unipolar option (which would be a step up), but separate ranges for positive and negative random pitch. 

For example, 2 semitones negative range and 5 semitones positive range.

For a unipolar example, 0 semitones negative range and 5 semitones positive range.

---------

If a separate scale could be chosen per track, instead of just per pattern, it would give more musical control over random results too.

For example, Dorian for a melodic track with Pentatonic Minor for a bass track.

---------

Eloquencer is a wonderful sequencer and I was drawn to it for the way randomization is such a part of the design, but the pitch randomizing ended up being a little frustrating. The above two suggestions would allow for designing many more musical results.

Thanks for all!

ReplyQuote
Kattefjaes
(@kattefjaes)
19/07/2020 9:56 pm  

Ah, its not just me, then, phew 😎 

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
21/07/2020 9:31 am  

+ 3 for asymmetrical range

😉

ReplyQuote
Kattefjaes
(@kattefjaes)
23/08/2020 7:51 pm  

@wintermodular - I think I just saw a fourth in a separate thread 😉 

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
24/08/2020 10:21 am  

😀 😀
I have no escape...

ReplyQuote
ddoyen
(@ddoyen)
25/08/2020 12:44 pm  

Yes sorry just started another thread on this. Would love this feature!

ReplyQuote