Question on song mode and creating parts
I just got my new Winter Modular Eloquencer and love it. I can create patterns, save patterns, load and play them back. However, I have trouble creating parts and songs. When I enter the parts and song menu, it does not let me choose the patterns for a new part or song. How would I do this? So if I have patterns A1, B1, and C1 then how would I create a new part A with these patterns then create part B with patterns A2, B2, and C2 and add to a new song for playback? I read the manual but having trouble figuring out how to program the sequencer to do this.
You need to create patterns in PATTERN Section ( FUNC + PATTERN)
Then you need to create SONG PARTS (using the patterns you have previously created) in the SONG PART section.
Then you can acces those SONG PARTS created to create a SONG.
I try to create a pattern by func+pattern key after loading a saved project. That opens the menu for patterns. It shows pattern a1 in play. But it does not let me create sequence for new pattern. It only shows pattern a1 and b1 is blank. When I select pattern to edit, b1 how do I do this to enter gates for a sequence and save pattern b1? I can use encoder to change things like scale grp and reset and patt chain.
However, I cannot change the current pattern to play a different pattern say switch from patt a1 to patt b1 and cannot save patterns.
Here is a video of my stumbling to figure things out
I am new to this sequencer and trying to wrap my head around it.
I can't see the video.
There are many ways to do edit different patterns inside a project:
- Edit pattern A1. Select an empty pattern A2 (in the PATTERN section). Then press any of the step edition modes, for example GATE, activate gates, then , for example, press CV and modify CV values. Then if you go to PATTERN mode you will have access to both patterns.
- Using the shortcut. You are in one of the step edition modes (CV, GATE, GL or RAT) and you are in pattern A1, you edit it, and using the FUNC + turn encoder shortcut you can directly go to pattern A2, then you can edit A2, you can access and edit it. You can select and modify as patterns as you need.
- Using duplicate. You are in one of the step edition modes (CV, GATE, GL or RAT) and you are in pattern A1, you edit it, and then you can use the duplicate funtion ( FUNC + DUPLICATE (hold) to create a copy of A1 and copy it in the next empty slot (pattern A2). Now you are playing and editing A2, and you have created two patterns A1 and A2.
Now that we have created some patterns we can create a sequence of patterns in different ways:
- Creating a song part: FUNC + SONG (hold) > Create song part
- Creating a quick pattern chain: FUNC + PATTERN (Hold) and pressing at the same time the first and the last pattern you want to chain.