Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Quick clarification about Parts  

RSS

carnalex
(@carnalex)
14/10/2020 12:28 am  

Am I understanding parts correctly?

1) Patterns are constrained to a hard limit of 16 steps. If I want to have longer phrases I have to chain patterns in a Part (i.e. changing master track length is not useful for this).

2) Patterns can be selected manually, or can be assigned to automatically play in sequence of different repetitions if chained in a Part.

3) Parts can be selected manually, or can be assigned to automatically play in sequence of different repetitions if chained in a Song, using "Play Parts" mode.

3.1) How to access "Play Parts" mode to manually select parts? I can only see one reference to it in the manual :/

Thanks!

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
14/10/2020 12:45 pm  

Hi @carnalex,

You understand it correctly.

Posted by: @carnalex

1) Patterns are constrained to a hard limit of 16 steps. If I want to have longer phrases I have to chain patterns in a Part (i.e. changing master track length is not useful for this).

This is correct. Just to add more information you can do a similar thing with 'quick pattern chain', being in PATTERN MODE ( FUNC + PATTERN (hold) ) you can hold the first and the last pattern and create a sequence of consecutive patterns.

Master tracks length refers to the maximum number of steps that will run a pattern before reset to its first position or to the next pattern. For example you configure 'master track' as 'int' ad set the master track length to 19. It will play from 1 to 16 and then in will jump to 1 (17), 2 (18) and 3(19) and then will jump to 1 again.
If you chose a track in master track, it will listen to that track to decide when to reset or jump to the next pattern. For example you decide that track A is the master track, and configure that TRK-A is 14 steps long ( FUNC + TRK LEN ), the other tracks will listen to the master track depending on the configuration that you have in 'master track config'.

3) Parts can be selected manually, or can be assigned to automatically play in sequence of different repetitions if chained in a Song, using "Play Parts" mode.

Parts can be selected manually using "Play Parts" mode.

or can be assigned to automatically play in sequence of different repetitions if chained in a Song, using 'Create song' and 'Play song'

3.1) How to access "Play Parts" mode to manually select parts? I can only see one reference to it in the manual :/

You can access 'Play parts' in the Song menu ( FUNC + SONG (hold) ).

From the manual page 25:

<<Play Part
Choose “Play Part” in the SONG menu.
Use track and step buttons to choose the desired Part.
If the sequencer is not running when you press the desired Part it will automatically start that Part, and the SONG mode will be activated.If you change the Part during play it will wait until the end of the current pattern and will jump to the first Pattern of the new chosen Part.
>>

ReplyQuote
carnalex
(@carnalex)
14/10/2020 6:05 pm  

@wintermodular thanks for the clarification and further explanation! I had seen that part of the manual but with the context now it makes better sense.

Saludos 🙂

ReplyQuote