Record a tied gate ...

Record a tied gate across multiple patterns in a quick chain  

RSS

Afturmath
(@afturmath)
New Member Customer
07/09/2019 10:40 pm  

Would it be possible to add the ability to record a tie across multiple patterns in a linear part or quick pattern chain (Devine mode)? I would like to be able to set a quick pattern chain, turn on a live rec mode, and record a tied gate across multiple or potentially all patterns in the chain. The only way I've been able to get continuous gates right now is by manually adding a gate with a tie on the first step of each pattern containing the note.

I would not expect this to be possible in parts with non-linear pattern progressions or pattern modes other than FWD. I'm not sure how these would store in the pattern, maybe as a tied gate on the first note of each successive pattern like my workaround?

My use case is using an external MIDI keyboard via EME to record a continuous gate on a channel connected to a sustaining volume EG, but I'm sure there are plenty of other ways this could be useful. Controlling external sequencer run/stop, switched multiples/mutes, gated VCAs, etc.

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
11/09/2019 12:12 pm  

If I am understanding you, I think this can be done.

Which FW version do you have?

You can activate or de-activate that feature in OPTIONS > TIEs Record

ReplyQuote
Afturmath
(@afturmath)
New Member Customer
12/09/2019 6:50 am  
Posted by: @wintermodular

If I am understanding you, I think this can be done.

Which FW version do you have?

You can activate or de-activate that feature in OPTIONS > TIEs Record

I'm running v1.3.8, and you were absolutely right. Tie record was disabled in the options. Thank you!

Could you update the documentation around tie behavior with this option since it's disabled by default? I tried searching through the v1.3.0 manual (ctrl+f -> "tie") and didn't see anything about this.

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
12/09/2019 8:59 am  

Sorry... You are totally right ! I forgot to include it in the manual ! 😥 

ReplyQuote