Clear all

What to expect in next update ?  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

Alex
 Alex
(@alex)
25/11/2019 9:23 am  

First of all , thank you for such a great sequencer . It is my favourite in eurorack .

What can we expect in next update? 

Would really like more functionality for chained sequences !

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
25/11/2019 11:11 am  

Hi Alex!

Many thanks for your nice words ! 🙂
We are currently working in the new update. We are starting with some bug fixing (minor stuff), we also have been working in add options (possibility to activate or de-activate features by the user) and we have some new features to implement, some of them need to be tested so I don't want to say that I'm going to do something that I won't do (I've done it before... 🙂  )
I can advance something that is already done : introduce notes while being in pause using a MIDI keyboard, pushing step + midi keyboard note, option to de-activate the 'pre listen'. I can try to update this list here as soon as I have a new feature tested and working.

We still have MOD mode to implement, we have 3 candidate uses for that mode but haven't decided yet.
Will keep you updated!

ReplyQuote
pyrolator1
(@pyrolator1)
05/02/2020 10:06 pm  
Posted by: @wintermodular

We still have MOD mode to implement, we have 3 candidate uses for that mode but haven't decided yet.
Will keep you updated!

I am looking forward to the MOD mode.

It would be great to be able to record CV-modulations (unquantized live recording) - is it something like it?

anyway: great sequencer, in conjunction with EME, all I ever wanted, thank you!

also: Do you come to Superbooth?

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
06/02/2020 9:31 am  

Many thanks@pyrolator1 !

MOD is being implemented right now, but it isn't in the way you ask for. To record unquantized (in time and amplitude) values is extremely heavy for 8 tracks and long pattern structures. Let's say you want to record like a minimum 16 bit information, and you want to record like 32 different values par step, that's  512 bits/step (64 bytes / step) >> 64x16= 1024bytes/track >> 1024x8 tracks 8192bytes/pattern  >>> 8192x64 = 524Kb/project that is far beyond from the processor capacity.
However, we have added a new functionality for recording gates and CV in the CV inputs. Now you can save the incoming CV in 'CV in 2' if a gate is received in 'CV in 1'. It is not exactly what you want because it is quantized in time and amplitude, but it is similar. These feature will be available in the upcoming firmware release. I will probably release a beta version here in the forum.

We will skip Superbooth 🙁  because we don't have new things this year, and we need time to work on new things! 🙂

ReplyQuote
pyrolator1
(@pyrolator1)
06/02/2020 11:11 am  

Hi Eloi,

thank you very much for your quick reply.

I understand the fact, that the storage is limited, no problem.

In the moment i am helping myself with the slew-processor A-171-2 from Doepfer to archive portamentos, slides and data-smoothing out of the eloquencer.

So maybe meet you next year and I look forward to your next thing...

This post was modified 6 months ago by pyrolator1

ReplyQuote
Mark Lorenzen
(@mark-lorenzen)
New Member Customer
18/02/2020 9:14 am  

GREAT that the next firmware will introduce options for entering notes from a keyboard in Step Edit mode!! 

Now, the only 2 things that will make the Eloquencer compete with "classic" analog sequencers are 1) independent cocking/triggering of tracks and 2) transpose options!! Some ideas:

1) An option to clock each track separately -- perhaps CV INPUTs could be used for this? 

• Eg. CV INPUTs could be assigned to trigger a track: Trigger into a CV INPUT -> advance the chosen track(s) one step.
  • Or/and perhaps CV INPUTs could be assigned to pause/hold a track: Trigger into a CV INPUT -> hold the chosen track(s) until a new trigger into the CV INPUT.
  • Or/and perhaps CV INPUTs could be assigned to the clock divider on a track: CV into a CV INPUT -> clock divide OR MULTIPLY the chosen tack(s). Clock multiply would be pretty great to have in any case...

2) Transpose! 

• It really should be possible to transpose selected tracks using the keyboard buttons on the Eloquencer. Only using external CV is not very useful. And with the EME, of course transpose should also be possible using an external keyboard using MIDI 😉
  • It would be great if one track of the Eloquencer could transpose other tracks! So that a slower-running track can transpose selected other tracks. A classic analog sequencer trick that is even more useful than Song Mode!

Thanks and looking forward to next firmware for an outstanding sequencer 😉

Jpb liked
ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
26/02/2020 11:15 am  

Hi @mark-lorenzen !

Regarding 1) will study the possibility to assign the CV input to the next_step for a track or a group of tracks. The third option you propose is already done and will be released soon: Now you can assign CV in to DIV/x for a track or a group of tracks. Even more, DIV/x now works independently from other step modes, so for example you can apply div/4 and at the same time apply random, backwards, pingpong or repetition.

Regarding 2) I usually use a keyboard with cv output (like keystep) to transpose tracks. With MIDI is not implemented.  Regarding the slow-running track controlling another one: You can do this with a cable. Take TRACK A, and create the slow-running track with notes to transpose with step mode DIV/16. Then patch the TRACK A CV output to the Eloquencer CV in 1, configure CV in 1 to transpose TRACK B ( CV add) and you have it ! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Mark Lorenzen
(@mark-lorenzen)
New Member Customer
26/02/2020 2:15 pm  

@wintermodular : Thanks for the positive response, as always! Great news about clocking/stepping a track via CV input!! And also fantastic about the clock divider independent from other step modes!

I totally understand the trick with transposing via a CV cable patched from another track, I am already doing that 😉  According to the EME manual, I can also use MIDI CC 12 to CV ADD to a channel, ie transpose it, so I will work something out with my external MIDI controller.

Now, since there are only two CV inputs, I have two suggestions of how to work around that limitation:

1) Make as many as possible of the CV IN paramenters MIDI controlled. For instance, the two functions we talk about above, independent track clocking/stepping (next_step) and clock division (DIV/x). I have a Befaco VCMC for instance, and if I could control next_step via MIDI I could clock all Eloquencer tracks independently using triggers from other modules ... this would make the Eloquencer more powerful than all other Europrack sequencers (including the FLXS1 and Nerdseq).

2) Make it possible to send CV values from one track to another track's CV IN parameters INTERNALLY, without using a cable. If this can be done technically (to internally assign modulation from one track to another), it would free up the CV INs.

Thanks and looking forward to the update 😉
Mark

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
26/02/2020 3:26 pm  

@mark-lorenzen

Thanks for the feedback !
1) There are much more MIDI controlled parameters than CV in parameters. Independent DIV/x it is already implemented as a MIDI controller: CC 26 CH 9 to 16 for track control, CC 36 CH 1 for global selection control, and CC42 CH 2 for focus control. I see 'CV in parameters' more designed to send an eurorack signal (ie LFO) and MIDI controlled parameters more designed to have direct control using an interface. Regarding the EME CCs I specially like the non destructive addition parameters (CV ADD, CVP ADD, CVR ADD, GP AD, R ADD....) that are more designed to change the step parameters (but don't mess with the original sequence) and have the advantage that can modify all the track, it doesn't matter if we are in song mode or pattern chain mode, and can be reset using another CC.

2) There's no technical restriction to do so, I note it to consider it for future updates.

ReplyQuote
Mark Lorenzen
(@mark-lorenzen)
New Member Customer
26/02/2020 4:30 pm  

@wintermodular Great! Totally logical way of using CCs and CV INs. That's why it would be fantastic to trigger different tracks independently using trigger signals into the CV INs -- modular heaven 🙂

Cheers!

ReplyQuote
Jpb
 Jpb
(@jpb)
16/03/2020 9:14 am  

I was hoping if we could get programmable LFO, meaning when using a track as an LFO, ability to program the desired length of an oscillation, or only oscillate specific steps in the track. Sort of like the way you program a sustained gate maybe.

Also, everything else I own has a screen saver haha

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
16/03/2020 9:33 am  

Hi @jpb !

Right now the only way to use LFO is to use it as a loop synced with patterns and steps.
There's a trick/ workaround, that I've seen somebody use. Use the track trigger/gate output to reset the LFO using the CV input. For example, activate LFO in track A and send trigger/gate output, to 'CV in 1', then choose 'Reset LFO' in the 'CV in 1' config, and assign it to track A. Everytime you have an active gate in Track A you will reset the LFO in track A.

Jpb liked
ReplyQuote
Jpb
 Jpb
(@jpb)
16/03/2020 9:16 pm  

@wintermodular Nice, thanks for the tip!

ReplyQuote
aeole
(@aeole)
13/04/2020 3:23 pm  

Hello Elo

Sorry but i am unable to find the way to unquantize the cv outputs. 

Is there only 1V/oct outputs ?

thank you very much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
16/04/2020 8:46 am  

Hi @aeole!

The CV output is chromatic quantized. We are working on a micro-tuning mode, where you can de-tune the note slots, but it still will be a 12 tone de-tuned scale

The only way to get non-quantized values is using the LFO.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2