Wishlist Update Pat...

Wishlist Update Pattern Length  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

Maikschott
(@maikschott)
14/05/2019 8:17 pm  

That's on my wishlist:

Real Pattern length variable up to 64 steps with an option to view the bars scrolling while playing / recording.

I miss that function whenever I try to program longer melody sequences on the fly. 

This topic was modified 2 months ago by Maikschott

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
15/05/2019 8:01 am  

Hi Maik!

Thanks for the feedback.
As you probably now, there are 3 different possibilities to extend the number of steps beyond 16: quick pattern chain, song parts and song.
If you want to view the bars while being in this long structure modes, you just need to be in one of this two places: SONG mode or LIVE REC mode. In the other modes the display won't follow the play head as we understand that you may want to edit a specific pattern while the loop is playing.

Does it helps ? or you need something different ?

ReplyQuote
Maikschott
(@maikschott)
15/05/2019 6:47 pm  

Yes I know the functions and I love them - but: in a live situation not having the time to step through a lot of menu points (make 4 patterns, go into song mode, make parts, play parts) and copy paste activities it would make life easier to have  4 bars in one pattern as an option. 

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
16/05/2019 8:26 am  

I understand what you mean.
My preferred quick creation path is: create pattern, duplicate, modify, duplicate.... go to pattern mode, chain all patterns, then using func + encoder I'm moving through the 4 patterns to edit them. With the new EME you can assign next/previous pattern to the custom buttons, so now it is really easy to move through the patterns to edit them.

Ablektro liked
ReplyQuote
Maikschott
(@maikschott)
18/05/2019 6:46 am  

ok thanks! is the EME available yet?

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
18/05/2019 12:50 pm  

Yes! 🙂 it is already available. Black edition is sold out, but we still have some Silver edition.

We will start shipping around 27th of May

ReplyQuote
Maikschott
(@maikschott)
19/05/2019 10:05 pm  

Super. I will wait for the little black one 😁

ReplyQuote
trebolo
(@trebolo)
01/06/2019 9:12 pm  

I wish I could figure out how to use this thing fully. The manual just says what it can do, Not how to do it. I need to be able to watch at least 32 steps scroll by whiule I program. Its very hard to make a full song 16 steps at a time. Maybe there is a way to do it , but with very little info abpout how. Makes it hard not to trade for a nerdseq. If I can figure out how to do this , I would love this thing

ReplyQuote
trebolo
(@trebolo)
01/06/2019 9:14 pm  

This may be what I need to fix my previous post. I wish there was some ( american ) literature out about it

ReplyQuote
trebolo
(@trebolo)
01/06/2019 11:09 pm  

How do i delete a post.  I figured out how to do 32 or more steps at a time. 

ReplyQuote
geraldwgood
(@geraldwgood)
06/06/2019 12:09 am  
Posted by: Maikschott

That's on my wishlist:

Real Pattern length variable up to 64 steps with an option to view the bars scrolling while playing / recording.

I miss that function whenever I try to program longer melody sequences on the fly. 

Like on an Elektron RTYM yes? The way it is now holds me back from mankind longer loops easily.  

ReplyQuote
geraldwgood
(@geraldwgood)
06/06/2019 12:15 am  

How ? I only can make it do that when I stumble over my accident.  I like to jam off the cuff no planning 

ReplyQuote
Maikschott
(@maikschott)
06/06/2019 7:32 am  

I do not know the Elektron, but yes - I hope that Winter Modular sees the Point in the future and changes or creates the option up to 64 steps per pattern

ReplyQuote
geraldwgood
(@geraldwgood)
06/06/2019 12:11 pm  

Is there a way to do 32 steps per pattern? And if so how ?

ReplyQuote
Miguel Martinez
(@miguel_eedl)
Member Admin
06/06/2019 1:11 pm  

Have you guys tried to "Quick chain" patterns by holding down the first and last pattern you want to chain while in pattern mode?

Chained patterns can be edited while chained. You can move between chained patterns in different ways, by using "shift+encoder" on the Eloquencer, or selecting one of the chained patterns while in pattern mode, or assigning buttons in the EME for next and previous pattern.

This to me looks very close to what you are asking, but maybe we are missing something.

Would be very useful to know how would you imagine a 32 or 64 step pattern to behave and how will it be different or more convenient to you than creating a chain?.

How would you move between the different 16 step pages inside a pattern to edit them?

Should the display always follow the playhead? or should it not so you can edit the different pages while playing live?

This post was modified 2 months ago by Miguel Martinez

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2