Wishlist Update Pat...

Wishlist Update Pattern Length  

RSS

Maikschott
(@maikschott)
14/05/2019 8:17 pm  

That's on my wishlist:

Real Pattern length variable up to 64 steps with an option to view the bars scrolling while playing / recording.

I miss that function whenever I try to program longer melody sequences on the fly. 

This topic was modified 5 days ago by Maikschott

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
15/05/2019 8:01 am  

Hi Maik!

Thanks for the feedback.
As you probably now, there are 3 different possibilities to extend the number of steps beyond 16: quick pattern chain, song parts and song.
If you want to view the bars while being in this long structure modes, you just need to be in one of this two places: SONG mode or LIVE REC mode. In the other modes the display won't follow the play head as we understand that you may want to edit a specific pattern while the loop is playing.

Does it helps ? or you need something different ?

ReplyQuote
Maikschott
(@maikschott)
15/05/2019 6:47 pm  

Yes I know the functions and I love them - but: in a live situation not having the time to step through a lot of menu points (make 4 patterns, go into song mode, make parts, play parts) and copy paste activities it would make life easier to have  4 bars in one pattern as an option. 

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
16/05/2019 8:26 am  

I understand what you mean.
My preferred quick creation path is: create pattern, duplicate, modify, duplicate.... go to pattern mode, chain all patterns, then using func + encoder I'm moving through the 4 patterns to edit them. With the new EME you can assign next/previous pattern to the custom buttons, so now it is really easy to move through the patterns to edit them.

Ablektro liked
ReplyQuote
Maikschott
(@maikschott)
18/05/2019 6:46 am  

ok thanks! is the EME available yet?

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
18/05/2019 12:50 pm  

Yes! 🙂 it is already available. Black edition is sold out, but we still have some Silver edition.

We will start shipping around 27th of May

ReplyQuote
Maikschott
(@maikschott)
19/05/2019 10:05 pm  

Super. I will wait for the little black one 😁

ReplyQuote