Yet another Reset d...

Notifications
Clear all

Yet another Reset doubt  

UndoRedo
(@undoredo)
Topic starter  

I've read through the various threads regarding Reset, but can't find a solution for my setup.

I'm running Ableton Live's CV Clock Out as the master clock via one of my audio interface outputs to the Eloquencer Clock input. It syncs perfectly.

I'm now trying to use the reset option in the CV Clock Out by sending another output from my interface to the Reset input, but it sends a trigger on Play, not on Stop, and the Eloquencer doesn't seem to react to it under any of its available settings.

I'm currently sending the reset to a Doepfer clock divider and it gets reset perfectly when I play Start on Ableton Live, but it would be great if I could reset the Eloquencer to start from step 1. For now I have to press Stop on Ableton, then Stop-Start on the Eloquencer.

Any ideas?

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin

Hi @undoredo !

Have you tried the playH/stopL (RUN) option ?

You need to configure the Eloquencer Reset input to 'Rst in: playH/stopL'

In Ableton 'CV tools / CV clock out': Transport to 'Gate' and Clock 1/16 Normal

ReplyQuote
UndoRedo
(@undoredo)
Topic starter  

@wintermodular Hi, thanks for the reply.

I've tried your suggestion and the start and stop with reset works, but for some reason the Eloquencer stops by itself after a couple of bars, as if it's receiving a gate low signal. Maybe the CV Clock Out is doing something strange. I've tried different settings for Amp and Length but same thing.

What seems to (kind of) work is with the setting P/S Trigg and the CV Clock Out set to Gate (it won't react to triggers). Obviously I have to press play twice on Ableton so the Eloquencer stops and then starts from step 1.

I can live with that for now, although if you can think of any other suggestion it will be appreciated.

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin

Hi @undoredo !

This configuration has been tested and proved in several systems, I have personally tested in my setup.

Are your interface outputs DC coupled ?

You can try the following test to discard if the problem is on one side or another. Send a clock to the Eloquencer CLK IN, and send a signal that you can easily set to 0 or +5(+10). Put that signal to 0 and check that the Eloquencer is stopped, then put that signal to +5 (or +10) and check that the Eloquecer starts running untiol you put that signal to 0 again.

UndoRedo liked
ReplyQuote
UndoRedo
(@undoredo)
Topic starter  

Yes you're right. Doing the test you describe works flawlessly.

My interface is AC coupled, but according to Ableton the CV Clock In and Out tools can be used with these as it deals with audio signals, unlike the rest of the CV Tools pack that require a DC coupled interface.

Just for the sake of testing, I've sent the Transport gate from the CV Clock Out to a Return track, and from there to the interface output, and it clearly shows a loud and constant signal. I don't know why it gets the Eloquencer to stop after two bars.

But that's OK, at least I know the Eloquencer is working perfectly. Thanks for the test idea. I'll stick to the P/S Trigger option for now. It does its job. I've already acquired the habit of pressing stop in Ableton Live, then a couple of quick hits on the space bar, and it's ready to go.

ReplyQuote
UndoRedo
(@undoredo)
Topic starter  

Come to think of it, I suppose the fact that it's audio means that it works for the syncing (bursts of square waves) but not for the reset, as it needs a constant positive voltage, and audio is obviously bipolar.

I could try with an Offset module, but at the moment I haven't got one.

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin

@undoredo that makes sense. The constant voltage is filtered.

Have you tried the Eloquencer 'reset trigg' option with the 'CV tools' Trigger option ?

ReplyQuote
UndoRedo
(@undoredo)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @wintermodular

@undoredo that makes sense. The constant voltage is filtered.

Have you tried the Eloquencer 'reset trigg' option with the 'CV tools' Trigger option ?

Yes, it doesn't do anything. But don't worry, I'm fine already with the current settings. My modular rig is exclusively for studio use, I'm not doing anything live.

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin

@undoredo OK

(the trigger problem is probably related with non DC coupled outputs too)

ReplyQuote