Changing a step's C...

Changing a step's CV value using MIDI?  

RSS

systemcall
(@systemcall)
11/06/2019 3:26 am  

Just installed my EME, and I see how I can put it in live record mode to input notes, but I was hoping I'd be able to select an individual step (holding down one of the 16 step buttons), and hit a key on my MIDI keyboard to store that note, instead of turning the encoder.  Is that possible?  Thanks! 

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
11/06/2019 8:38 am  

Hi!

In this first Firmware release it is not present, but we strongly consider this for the next major FW update.

You can use a MIDI controller with encoder and buttons to modify notes in many different ways. For example you can map 16 encoder to 16 step rotaries, and 16 buttons to 16 steps (we call it 'step focus'). So if you are in CV mode, track A, and you modify first rotary you will be changing the step 1 CV value, if you change to track B and go to Gate Length and move rotary 2 you will be changing Gate Length value of step 2.

Thanks for the feedback we will try to release that suggestion soon.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by WinterModular

ReplyQuote
systemcall
(@systemcall)
12/06/2019 2:38 am  

Thanks for reading my feedback -- I think it would be a great feature to directly enter notes for steps like that.

As for your suggestion for using a MIDI controller with its own encoders, would you be willing to make a video showing how to configure that with a BeatStepPro?  That sounds interesting.

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
12/06/2019 10:24 am  

We will prepare some videos next week, we were going to do the demo with Midi Fighter Twister and the classic BCR2000, I will try to find a BSP, it is more or less the same thing, assign specific channel and CC. Some controllers accept feedback information to control their LEDS, some others not. I'm not sure about BSP.

ReplyQuote