EME don't output ra...

Notifications

EME don't output ratchet  

RSS

Kris
 Kris
(@kris)
20/03/2020 1:29 pm  

Hi , It seems that the EME don't output midi notes for ratchets...

Do you experience the same?

Thank you , I'm very enjoying the EME! 

Kris
 Kris
(@kris)
20/03/2020 1:35 pm  

Sorry, I' ve open a new project and for this project it works... I don't know why it don't in the other project, any idea?

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
21/03/2020 10:07 am  

hi @kris !

I'm glad you are enjoying EME !

I have no idea, reading the first message I was going to answer that the ratcheting gate lengths are really narrow, if the destination sound has a vertical attack you will be able to hear the ratchetings, if there is attack you won't. But then reading your second message I'm not so sure that the problem is there. If you open the first project with the sounds that are now working, does the first project allow the ratcheting execution ?

One of the tools I constantly use when coding the EME is a MIDI monitor (I use 'MIDI Monitor' in macOS), sometimes MIDI can be tricky and having the possibility to read any message that is going out from the MIDI output port can be useful to understand what is going on.

ReplyQuote
Kris
 Kris
(@kris)
21/03/2020 1:01 pm  

Thanks for your answer. I have recorded the midi notes in ableton to be sure and that confirm what I 've said. In this project  Ratchets don't work anymore (Midi and gates).  Is there something in the options that could desactivate it? 

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
21/03/2020 3:25 pm  

Hi again @kris,

I don't know.... Is Ratcheting Probability (press ratcheting twice) at 100%?

ReplyQuote
Kris
 Kris
(@kris)
21/03/2020 5:45 pm  

I have erased the project but yes it was probably a newbie issue with Ratcheting probability!!!!! Sorry! 

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
23/03/2020 8:05 am  

No problem @kris ... it happened to me many times :DD.... and I have coded it...  -_-'

There is a bug that it is already solved for the upcoming FW update, when you delete a track or a pattern it puts the ratcheting probability at 0%

ReplyQuote