EME video Series

[Sticky] EME video Series  

RSS

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
01/10/2019 11:25 am  

Hey girls and boys !

We have recently published a video series explaining how the EME (Eloquencer MIDI Expansion) works
Playlist link:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXZuyJdQRS-K_ebU19Mv-6KukC0gnO2OW

Sorry for my english and poor musical demo

Topic Tags
Bertolt Meyer
(@bertoltmeyer)
New Member Customer
25/10/2019 1:22 pm  

Hey at WM, where can I find the mappings for the midi fighter that you used/mention in the video? I only found the template for the superbooth demos, is that the same?

Best greetings,

Bertolt

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
29/10/2019 8:03 am  

Hi Bertolt !

Nice to see you here in the forum ! 🙂

Yes it is the only Twister template that we have uploaded. It is an example some of the possibilities that can be use to control the Eloquencer via CC

ReplyQuote
broseph
(@broseph)
10/11/2019 11:15 pm  

Hello, Thank you for this great sequencer. I'm excited to expand it with the EME. Recently, I updated my 2nd batch ELO with the 1.3.8 firmware and the startup screen shows FW: v_1_3_8. After plugging in the EME to the power supply and the ELO, I restart and am now able to see that the EME is being recognized by the ELO (on the startup screen), but it isn't doing anything when I press FUNC+BTN 3. Have youseen this before? Do you have any suggestions? I've unplugged/replugged the cables from the EME, and the problem continues.

Here's what my startup screen reads:

Eloquencer Status

FW: v_1_3_8

SD card: OK

CV out: Def. tune OK

CV in tune: OK

Zero gap: OK

EXP 2: EME

Thanks for your help!

-Joe

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
11/11/2019 9:53 am  

Hi Joe !

Let's try to figure out what is happening, I need some additional information:

Eloquencer Serial number and EME Serial Number (if you can send me these two serials via e-mail it would be better - please send it to support@winter-modular.com).

Just to make sure (you have already answered some of the questions):

Eloquencer is connected to power using the 10 pin bus power cable. EME is connected to power using the 16-pin power bus cable. Your power BUS is capable to supply 5V.
Eloquencer and EME are connected using the 4-pin white (and red) cable. In the Eloquencer side you have the connector in SV2 with the arrows facing out.

Both (Eloquencer and EME) are in the same case and when powering up, they receive power at the same time.

ReplyQuote
Antispin
(@antispin)
11/01/2020 10:35 pm  

Hey! 

having set up my eme , I’m pleased to report a rock solid sync via midi to bitwig , somthing I have been battling for a while .

i am however having some issues understanding the different pages on the twister , there are 4 pages . I followed the video series and tried to recreate randomise sequence but nothing is happening .

is there some sort of cheat sheet for the mapping that would make it easier to understand before I start delving into mappings ? 

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
13/01/2020 8:50 am  

Hi @antispin !

This template it is just an example we create to show some of the EME capabilities during past Superbooth. We strongly recommend to create your own that fulfills your needs.Anyway I try to give a quick template overview

Bank 1 contains all the step FOCUS: steps from 1 to 16, will control different things depending on the track and step parameter you have chosen (CV, CVP, GL...)

Bank 2 contains other FOCUS parameters. The first 8 contain the 'non destructive addition/ subtraction  parameters' and other focus parameters that will change some parameters depending on the track you have chosen.

Bank 3 contains GLOBAL parameters like play, stop, next pattern, freeze, revert, scales....

Bank 4 contains TRACK parameters, Those are parameters that are strictly related to a specific track.

I attach an calc sheet template with the 4 banks representation and another calc sheet containing the full list of parameters and its CC number (this list can also be found in the EME manual).

As I previously mention this is just a template to do a demo, it doesn't contain all the features, and it hasn't been design to give the full performance potential, it just have been created to do a demo. We strongly recommend to create you own and, if possible, share it here 🙂 !

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
13/01/2020 8:50 am  

and parameters list

ReplyQuote