MF Twister randomly...

MF Twister randomly resetting  

RSS

atimbral
(@atimbral)
29/11/2019 7:21 am  

I'm really enjoying the capability of the Twister to send ccs to the Eloquencer! Lots of possibilities with this; right now I'm mostly using the sample template that's been provided, with maybe some tweaks here and there.

BUT ... I'm experiencing random resets with the Twister, mostly when using the Bank 1/Focus 1 with Gates and CVs. Hard to say exactly what the cause is, but it seems to occur most often when using the Step Edit buttons to go back and forth between CV probability modes and/or Gate probability modes. Anybody else see this?

Also, the Gate feedback to the Twister easily gets out of whack and doesn't reflect the true state of Gates on or off. I was kind of hoping this would be more reliable, but the way it is now it's simpler to just turn the Gates off/on on the Eloquencer buttons.

This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by atimbral

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
29/11/2019 10:35 am  

Hi @atimbral,

I have only experienced a reset in the twister when using a loose USB cable. I think it happens because it loses connection during milliseconds and then when it is connected again it resets. Could you please try another USB cable and see if it happens again ?

Regarding the Twister <>Eloq state consistency I'm agree with you. It happens when you change the pattern, the new pattern information it is not send to the controller so there is no consistency between the real values and the feedbck information. The only way to refresh the state is pressing the track button. It is being solved and will be released soon in the upcoming fw update.

ReplyQuote
atimbral
(@atimbral)
29/11/2019 3:48 pm  

@wintermodular

Yes I’ve tried a couple other cables, still the same. I wonder if something is wrong with my Twister, which I bought used.

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
02/12/2019 10:49 am  

@atimbral

Do you have another controller to test ?

ReplyQuote
atimbral
(@atimbral)
03/12/2019 2:06 am  

@wintermodular

Well, I bought a brand new Twister. They were on sale and the new one, fortunately, works great. So I've contacted Midi Fighter to see about a repair. (A cautionary tale on buying used gear!)

This post was modified 1 week ago by atimbral

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
03/12/2019 8:37 am  

@atimbral

great to know ! 🙂

ReplyQuote