Midi Fighter Twiste...

Midi Fighter Twister Mapping  

RSS

Lothar K Heitz
(@radpix)
New Member Customer
07/06/2019 10:11 am  

Is there a link where to find the Midimaping for the link between Midi Fighter Twister and the EME/Eloquencer ?

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
07/06/2019 11:18 am  

Hi Lothar !

I post a MIDI fighter Twister template that we used for Superbooth demos. It is not the perfect template for performance or for production, take it as an example, and customize it to your taste.

In the first bank you have the 'follow focus step edition', in the second bank you have more 'focus' parameters like the 'non destructive addition / subtract' , in the 3rd bank we have 'global' parameters (play, stop, next  patterns, scales, duplicate, direct access to modes), and in the 4th we have 'track' parameters (fill, mutes, LFO...)

We will prepare more templates. Are you interested in a performance or production template? Which parameters do you consider interesting? (you can find them all in the last EME manual pages)

This post was modified 6 months ago by WinterModular

ReplyQuote
Lothar K Heitz
(@radpix)
New Member Customer
10/06/2019 2:18 pm  

Thank you very much so far, will check it out and learn how to modify, ... more some days later.

ReplyQuote
Justin Smith
(@justinsmith)
New Member Customer
10/06/2019 4:16 pm  

Thanks for this! How do I put the file onto the Elequencer? Do I upload onto the microSD with my computer? Do I put it in the root folder?

And then how do I load the template? FUNC + BTN4? Which of the 16 options do I choose? 

Thanks for the help!

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
11/06/2019 8:47 am  

Hi @justinsmith ! this template is to be uploaded to the DJ techtools MIDI Fighter Twister, in case you want to control some of the eloquencer parameters with this MIDI controller.

Thanks to you @radpix ! I attach a template to see what is inside all the banks. This is not a useful performance template we just used it for demo purposes,  I mean there are some dangerous combinations, for example if you press a button to mute a Track in rotary encoder you have shift track, so if you have set a high sensibility it is highly probable that when you mute the channel you shift it too. Use it only as an example on how to configure the different modes and channels.

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
11/06/2019 10:08 am  

The file

ReplyQuote
Doc
 Doc
(@doc)
04/07/2019 11:12 pm  

Hi,

I just receive my MFT.

I succeded in configuring the encoder switch to mute each track but still looking for GP. The following settings do not work for example.

Encoder switch : midi ch. 9 / cc 80

Encoder rotary : midi ch 9 / cc 15

Do I miss something ?

It would be great to get your settings with your template.

Cheers

This post was modified 5 months ago by Doc

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
06/07/2019 4:24 pm  

Hi Doc !

If you have  mapped CH9 and CC80 in button, and CH9 and CC15 in rotary, switch action type as 'CC hold' and encoder type as 'ENC 3FH/41H' it should work.

This one is a non-destructive additive/subtractive parameter so if you rotate the encoder CW and your GP is at 100% nothing will happen, but if you rotate CCW it will subtract to the existing value. You need to have a note active if you want this parameter to work.

I hope it helps

This post was modified 5 months ago by WinterModular

ReplyQuote
Doc
 Doc
(@doc)
06/07/2019 5:01 pm  

My bad it works !

I thought it didn't because the screen values are not updated (which is another issue...) and the Eloquencer was off.

Is there any way to fix the display update ?

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
08/07/2019 10:43 am  

Hi Doc!

We don't consider this changes have to be displayed in the step edition screens, because it is not a change it is just a temporary modification. As it name says those are non-destructive addition/ subtraction parameters, so that means it doesn't modify/destroy the existing sequence, it is just a performative tool that temporary adds or subtracts an amount to the existing sequence value, and it does it along all the patterns that are being played (in chain or song mode).

Does it makes sense?

ReplyQuote
Doc
 Doc
(@doc)
08/07/2019 8:07 pm  

Ok now I get the meaning of non-destructive !

Well why not, I need to use it to make my opinion.

Thanks !

ReplyQuote