Midi in from Ableto...
 

Midi in from Ableton  

  RSS

Klemklem
(@klemklem)
New Member
Joined: 3 weeks ago
Posts: 2
30/06/2019 3:14 pm  

hello everyone.

I tried tu use the EME to receive midi in notes from an ableton midi track by using midi In port. I have some missing note or wrong cv level from time to time.

Any idea to solve this?

 


Quote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
Joined: 3 months ago
Posts: 54
01/07/2019 8:47 am  

Hi klem klem,

Some users have reported specific problems interfacing with DAW. All the tests that we have done we correct, so we suspect that there is some hardware incompatibility that we are investigating. The problem has been spotted with a specific model of audio interface. Can you please tell us which audio interface are you using ? I'm not saying the problem is in your audio interface, it is more an incompatibility issue that I hope it can be solved.


ReplyQuote
Klemklem
(@klemklem)
New Member
Joined: 3 weeks ago
Posts: 2
01/07/2019 5:32 pm  

Hi!

thanks for the quick reply. I use a RME fireface UC.


ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
Joined: 3 months ago
Posts: 54
04/07/2019 4:06 pm  

Hi Klemklem,

We have been reported with similar cases with MOTU and RME interfaces.
We have bought a MOTU 828es (3 cases) and we are doing some tests.

Will come with some conclusions soon.


Klem klem liked
ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
Joined: 3 months ago
Posts: 54
10/07/2019 4:57 pm  

Hi @klemklem and others!
We have had some reports on users losing sync from DAW to EME/Eloquencer. It seems some MIDI messages get lost.
All the cases reported were related with specific models from MOTU or RME (we have reports on MOTU 828ES (2 cases), MOTU 16A (1), RME Babyface (1),RME Fireface(1)). All other MIDI devices or audio interfaces that have been tested with EME seem to work fine. All the DAW tests while programming the EME have been done with a MOTU Ultralite MK4 and everything worked smooth.
The MIDI signal from those audio interfaces that is sent to the EME seems to work fine on other devices.
Taking the DAW MIDI signal, passing through another device (DAW >> DEVICE MIDI in // DEVICE MIDI out >>  EME MIDI in) the signal reception was fine, and no MIDI message was lost.
We have acquired a MOTU 828ES and do some tests, and the same problem appears. We started doing some tests on the MOTU audio interface and analyzed the MIDI signal and we found out some baud rate inconsistencies. Variation of baud rate, different timing and different bit durations for HIGH symbol (1) and LOW symbol (0) with variations out of the 31250kpbs (-/+1%) MIDI standard.
So the hypothesis is: EME is not compatible with devices that are far away from the 31250(-/+1%) baud rate specification. Other MIDI devices are less sensible to that baud rate variations so they can decode that MIDI stream, even if that stream is out of the MIDI specification.
The easy answer here is: "ok it is not our fault, we comply with MIDI standard". We don't want the quick/easy answer, and we need to find out a solution for those users that have Eloquencer+EME and those audio interfaces. We are currently working on a solution that improves the EME ability to decode MIDI signals that are out of the specifications, and it seems that we are starting to have some successful results. We have had the combo MOTU 828es + EME/ELO running for one day with no single MIDI message drop.
If you have ELO+EME and one of these interfaces ( MOTU 16A, MOTU 828ES or RME babyface, RME fireface) please contact us at support@winter-modular.com and we will contact you as soon as we have a definitive solution.


ReplyQuote