Notifications
Clear all

One midi channel to several Eloquencer tracks  

RSS

captainhooke
(@captainhooke)
22/03/2020 9:24 am  

hola

From the Midi In config on the EME it’s possible to use one midi channel to control several tracks on the eloquencer, but it seems that when I set it up like that it only sends midi to one channel. Is that expected behavior? In some cases I like to use 2 tracks in unison and then it would be great to trigger with one midi channel.

makes me think it also would be amazing if it would distribute midi note information over the 2 tracks you selected for the one midi channel. Let’s say if you play one note it sends that note info to both channels for unison, but if you play 2 notes it randomly selects a channel for each note to allow polyphony. That would be an amazing feature!

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
23/03/2020 8:44 am  

Hola @captainhooke !

Regarding the first question, a possible workaround could be to use a passive multiplier for gate and a buffered multiplier for CV.
I intentionally removed the possibility to do multiple track assignment to avoid extra processing when a matching track was found, but If you think it can be useful I can permit multiple track assignment. It is quite easy to do, in fact I have already tested here at the office and it works.

Regarding the second question, it is more difficult to do but at the same time I personally find it useful. I will note it and try to study the possibility to implement it.

Thanks for the feedback !

ReplyQuote
captainhooke
(@captainhooke)
23/03/2020 8:57 am  

Re the first:

for me it would be useful and it saves the use of some mults and cables, maybe there would be an extra option to then this option on or off depending on type of behavior you want. 

re the second:

nice! I think there are modules designed for this adding it to the midi to cv/gate options on the Elo is a massive plus

thanks for listening 🙂 

ReplyQuote