Notifications

Pattern Switch Midi Info  

RSS

Mike Mitchell
(@mikemitchell)
Active Member Customer
21/03/2020 8:07 pm  

Hi there,

I’m looking to understand what (if any) midi message is sent when the Eloquencer switches patterns?  I’d like my Digitakt to switch patterns in synch with the Eloquencer and if possible follow the same pattern as well (if I select pattern A2 on the Eloquencer, it will automate select pattern A2 on the digitakt).

so first I was hoping to understand if anything is sent via midi when a pattern is changed?  The only item I can find in the manual is cc74 and cc75 which I believe are next pattern and previous pattern.  Not sure if it outputs anything when changing patterns?

appreciate the help - thanks!

Ypsi Kid

Mike Mitchell
(@mikemitchell)
Active Member Customer
22/03/2020 2:28 pm  

So I’ve been able to send a Program Change from the EME/Eloquencer to the Digitakt.  Seems it doesn’t matter what Bank I select on the EME, I need to change patterns on the Digitakt by changing the note sent from the Eloquencer (Ex. F3 will play bank 13, pattern 12) - problem is that it skips some patterns (can’t access bank 13 pattern 11 as an example) and also starts the pattern change late, so the pattern change is not in sync.

I guess I could try it the other way around and see if I can change the Eloquencer bank/pattern from the Digitakt using program change messages.

Hoping someone out there has some insight for me - thanks!

Ypsi Kid

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
23/03/2020 10:32 am  

Hi Mike ! Sorry for the delay in the answer, I don't know why the forum is auto-moderating some messages and I haven't seen it.
As you mention in the first message the only current CC related with pattern change are CC74 and 75, I will probably add 'pattern selection' using a new CC and, if I do, it will be released soon.
I don't have digitakt so I can't do tests. If I understand correctly, no matter what you have in the EME bank selection, digitakt always react the same way. When you say:

Posted by: @mikemitchell

(Ex. F3 will play bank 13, pattern 12)

Do you mean banks and patterns in the digitakt? F3 is number 42, does number 42 have any relation with the pattern selected ? How many pattern there are inside a bank ?
When you say:

(can’t access bank 13 pattern 11 as an example)

I assume you are sending E3 ?

and also starts the pattern change late, so the pattern change is not in sync.

It must be a question of timing. Where do you place the PC note that changes tha pattern ? at the end of the pattern ? at the beginning ?

ReplyQuote