Possible bug with "...

Notifications
Clear all

Possible bug with "CLEAR CURRENT TRACK" (CH1 CC90)  

RSS

Kattefjaes
(@kattefjaes)
25/10/2020 3:06 pm  

Yes, yet another thread in the EME section, sorry 😉

I think the global function "clear current track" (MIDI CC 90, CH1) is possibly not working correctly. It doesn't seem to clear ties, which need to be removed individually on the Eloquencer front panel, with a long press each. This feels like a bug rather than design, as it breaks the MIDI key record function letting you play in new patterns quickly and easily.

To reproduce:

Record a sequence from the MIDI keyboard (or similar), with "record ties" enabled. Send MIDI pushbutton CC 90 on channel 1. Record another sequence with different timing on the same channel.

Expected behavior:

Clears all steps- wiping CV, gates, and ties.

Observed behavior:

Gates and CV cleared. All steps deactivated. Ties remain. Any newly-recorded pattern remains subject to the previous pattern's ties, which have to be laboriously removed by hand.

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
26/10/2020 10:27 am  

Hi @kattefjaes,

No sorries ! you are the 'poster of the week' !
Thanks for the clear and complete feedback information !

You are totally right, it is already solved it will be available in the new release.

ReplyQuote
Kattefjaes
(@kattefjaes)
26/10/2020 10:30 am  

Oh awesome, thank you. I'm glad I'm not losing my mind and that it is actually a bug. Looking forward to the new firmware when it's ready then.

ReplyQuote
Kattefjaes
(@kattefjaes)
08/11/2020 11:38 am  

Daaaad can we have a pony? Daaaad can we have a pony? Daaaad can we have a pony? Daaaad can we have a pony? Daaaad can we have a pony? Daaaad can we have a pony? Daaaad can we have a pony? Daaaad can we have a pony? Daaaad can we have a pony? Daaaad can we have a pony? 

Really bummed out that this bug destroys the advantage of fluidly using the keyboard to record into Eloquencer- if there was any chance of a small intermediate update with this fix in, it would be most welcome. Don't want to have to spring for a Hermod and try to fit it in the rack 🤨 

Also, Dad, can we have a pony?

ReplyQuote