Sequencing w/ exter...

Notifications
Clear all

Sequencing w/ external hardware question.  

RSS

Dreth
(@dreth)
19/10/2020 7:21 am  

With the EME expander, can you sequence all 8 tracks simultaneously with external hardware or DAW and vice versa?

I'm lazy and haven't dived into the manuals yet, but was curious if using something like a Digitakt for example, if it could sequence all 8 of the Elequencers tracks via the EME, or if it only processed one channel at a time. 

Thanks,

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
19/10/2020 9:35 am  

You can use as a MIDI to GATE & CV interface, using the MIDI route capabilities. For example you can assign the incoming MIDI CH 1 messages to Eloquencer track A, this will transform all the note on/off messages into gates and CVs.

I did this video specially for lazy people 😉 😀 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PihLnEV3v8g

This is just for routing MIDI messages to the GATE and CV output, you can also record the same MIDI messages in the LIVE REC section, I try to show how in the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWqAn8jsygw&ab_channel=WinterModular

ReplyQuote
Kattefjaes
(@kattefjaes)
19/10/2020 3:39 pm  
Posted by: @wintermodular

You can use as a MIDI to GATE & CV interface, using the MIDI route capabilities. For example you can assign the incoming MIDI CH 1 messages to Eloquencer track A, this will transform all the note on/off messages into gates and CVs.

I did this video specially for lazy people 😉

As a lazy person, I found the videos on how to wrangle MIDI via the EME far easier to follow than the manual- really useful. I was up and running nice and quickly, and it also solved the problem I was having with recording longer notes (the tie recording config option).

Very cool, videos like that really help. I am a huge fan of Ableton's video tutorials, so finding that you'd made some was most welcome.

ReplyQuote
Dreth
(@dreth)
20/10/2020 3:28 pm  

@wintermodular

Ah I see.

On behalf of lazy people like me everywhere, thank you for taking the time to make these videos. 😜 

ReplyQuote