USB clock in, stop/...

USB clock in, stop/start  

RSS

matra
(@matra)
16/09/2019 6:44 pm  

I'm trying to send a clock and start/stop signal via USB from Ableton Live, is it even possible?

I'm thinking how to solve it as I have Apollo Twin without MIDI DIN and what I need is a clock, start removed link Do you think that a usb - midi adapter (cable) would help here or maybe there's some other solution? Thank you!

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
17/09/2019 11:35 am  

Hi Matra,

You can send clock and start/stop signal from DAW using the MIDI DIN-5 connector.

The USB connection was designed to be used as control USB host ( to use a control surface with rotaries and buttons to modify the Eloquencer parameters). I'm afraid it can't be used to receive those messages from a computer that also act as a host.

Sorry, I can't see the link, some configuration in the forum has removed it. Do you refer to 'Universal Audio Apollo Twin USB' ? Sorry I don't know this product but as far as I understand it doesn't have any MIDI I/O, I understand that the USB Device port it has is to connect it to the computer, does it makes sense to you ?
If you want to run the Eloquencer from your DAW, the easiest/chepeast solution, could be one of those USB to MIDI IN/OUT cable. I haven't tested any of these so I can't tell you if it works. If you are interested, I can try to find one and do the test.

ReplyQuote
matra
(@matra)
17/09/2019 2:53 pm  

@wintermodular

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, that's correct, the only way for me is to connect it via USB to MIDI IN removed link

Do you think you can check it somehow? To be safe, I just returned my module to the shop as I have time for it but when you'll test it and it works then I can buy it again as this is a very important feature to me.Thank you so much!

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
17/09/2019 4:26 pm  

Of course I will try to find one of those cables and do the test.

Any EME user out there that can do the test with the typical USB > MIDI cable ?

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
25/09/2019 9:02 am  

Hi @matra !

I have tested with one of those cheap USB to MIDI cables and everything goes smooth ! Even more I have used them to do some demo videos and everything was perfect. ( I mean... not the videos... I hate doing videos, I mean the communication between computer and EME)

ReplyQuote
FJL
 FJL
(@fjl)
11/10/2019 10:54 am  

hey @wintermodular,

i somehow have the opposite problem. i have connected the keystep via the usbport to the eme. everything works well! the problem is, that when i use the arpeggiator inside the keystep to record a sequence into the Eloquencer (which works fine), the start and stop buttons interfere with the timing of the eloquencer, further: the start button introduces some sort of timing gap, and the stop button stops the sequence running on the elo. is there a setting to disable timing and play/stop controls for the plugged in usb/midi device?

(btw, i have the clocksignal running extra via patchcables from the elo out into the sync in of the keystep)

thanks a lot for your help 🙂

This post was modified 1 week ago by FJL

ReplyQuote