Does the firmware u...

Notifications
Clear all

Does the firmware updater work on Catalina?  

redlester
(@redlester)
Topic starter  

I just received my new Eloquencer this week and found it to be s/n 4336, on firmware 1.2.0, so obviously I wanted to update.

Having tried two different USB cables, both of which I know for a fact are data cables and one is also brand new, neither would work on my Mac Mini with Catalina. The updater app would not "find" the Eloquencer when plugged in.

However when I tried on my MacBook Pro which is still on Mojave, it worked first time.

Do I need to make sure I keep my MBP on Mojave for installing future updates? Has anyone had it working on Catalina (or even, out of interest, Big Sur?)

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin

Hi @redlester !

Sorry I didn't answer before, I was looking for a Catalina Mac to do the test. I have Mojave in my computer, and this is the one I use for generating the updater.

ReplyQuote
redlester
(@redlester)
Topic starter  

OK. I will make sure I have Mojave available at least until 1.3.9 is officially released.

Moving forward I would suggest this be checked/confirmed as it could become more of a problem. Catalina is now the minimum spec for the latest version of Logic for example.

I assume it's something to do with permissions/security which I'm pretty sure Catalina is more likely to cause issues with.

ReplyQuote