Notifications
Clear all

Eloquencer New User question  

RSS

wrlmuzik
(@wrlmuzik)
14/03/2020 5:06 pm  

Hello,

After a long time deciding between this and the as yet released Black Sequencer I have decided on the Eloquencer.  I haven't even purchased it yet, but I had a question about the firmware- specifically LFO and MOD mode.  1) in LFO mode, (I'm assuming the LFO shape comes out of the CV out per track) -- can those LFO's be synced to clock?  Secondly, will the MOD mode in the future update be likened to the Black Sequencer's 'mod out' where you can send envelopes out of the CV outputs per track?  Still reading and watching videos on this module and looking forward to bringing it home to explore.

Thank you!

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
16/03/2020 9:12 am  

Hi @wrlmuzik

Regarding 1) The LFO is only synced. You can decide its period using patterns and step. For example you can decide that track A has and LFO active (so it won't listen to the step CV values) and choose a period of 3 patterns and 15 steps. The minimum length depend on the LFO shape:
RAMP, TRIANGLE and SAW : 2 steps
SQUARE : 1 step
RANDOM : half step
The maximum length is 32 patterns

2) MOD is an empty mode that we left empty for future firmware updates, the name originally came from MODulation, but due some HW restrictions we changed the idea to MODification as a general concept. I am currently working on a new feature that will go in there, but I can't say what until I am sure it can be done. Anyway I can answer your question MOD has nothing to do with envelopes in the CV outputs. There is an idea of a new expander with envelopes but it is just an idea, nothing developed yet.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

ReplyQuote
wrlmuzik
(@wrlmuzik)
16/03/2020 11:16 pm  

@wintermodular thank you for clarifying that!

ReplyQuote