Eloquencer V1.3.0 Firmware Update  

Page 1 / 3
  RSS

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
04/06/2019 3:47 pm  

# Winter Modular Eloquencer V1.3.0 Firmware Update

Includes updater files for Linux, macOS and Windows.

Firmware Version 1.3.0 comes pre-installed on the 5th batch eloquencer (June 2019). You only need to update if you have a Firmware version 1.2.0 or earlier.

Download the updater here: Eloquencer FW 1.3.0

If you have a first batch eloquencer and you have never updated, please refer to updater manual (link below) to do the calibration procedures. If you have a 2nd or 3rd batch unit these procedures are already done.

Make sure to read Eloquencer FW 1.3.0 Update procedure carefully before updating.

ELOQUENCER FW v 1.3.0 Release notes
### New EME (Eloquencer MIDI Expansion) functionalities
## Solved bugs:
- CV output voltage was changing before the gate raised.
- 'Quick pattern chain' mode: Short pressing inside the chain was breaking the chain in banks B, C and D.
- Incorrect LED behavior when changing bank while in pattern mode
- Duplicate pattern, copy/paste pattern and copy/paste track were not copying the division and repetition amount correctly.
- Encoder direction in track shift mode was incorrect.
- While in 'Step Mode > random' some of the gates were not correctly triggered.
- CV IN 1 and 2 couldn't be simultaneously assigned to CV add or CV Q
- CV IN 1 and 2 couldn't be simultaneously assigned to track shift
- In some cases the CV value was changed at the end of a tie.
- Ties were not being extended correctly in “song mode” or “quick pattern chain mode”
- CV variation probability wasn't working in 'Step mode > rep/x'
- Pattern chains weren’t starting at the first pattern when the ‘master track’ was set to anything different than 'int'
- Pressing stop outside the pattern mode while 'quick pattern chain' was active, caused the LED step buttons to show the pattern information.
- Ratcheting in the first step was getting stacked when the Eloquencer clock was set to external (Tempo:EXT) and the master clock was stopped
## New features:
- Track length behavior modified, when a track length is set, the transport jumps directly to the first step.
- Internal and external clock improved to achieve more stability.
- Shuffle can now be applied whit tempo set to external (Tempo:EXT)
- After power up, before touching any button the gates are now closed (low) (in previous version the gates were open (high) until a button was pressed)
- LIVE REC mode can now record longer notes (TIEs)
- Added ranges to the 'Random mode'
- Configurable LED matrix dimming
- Added confirmation message when loading or saving projects.
- Two more reset settings in configurations (PlayH/StopL and Play/stop trigger)
- Each individual pattern can now be set to start from the first step when triggered (independently from the 'Track reset config’)
- New setting to allow resetting the whole chain/part/song when an external clock reset is received (instead of just resetting the currently
playing pattern)
- New global setting to change the default set of gate lengths
- Pre-listen while stopped. The active steps can be heard by pressing the desired step button in CV step edition mode. (for example to be able to write chords through several channels).
- Added 7 new user scales.
- New “DJ nudge” functionality in Tempo mode. Use steps 13 to 16 to adjust the tempo sync to synchronize with non-clocked sources.

This topic was modified 4 months ago by WinterModular

iasseo
(@iasseo)
04/06/2019 8:43 pm  

awesome! I just got an Elo last week, and can appreciate all of these new features, so psyched to update it. One question - looks like you still can't multiply clock for an individual track (only div)... is that on the roadmap at all?

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
05/06/2019 3:55 pm  

Hi!

The track multiplier is not on the 'to do' list, it is more in the "one day we will decide if doing it or not" list.

🙂

ReplyQuote
Responder
(@responder)
New Member Customer
05/06/2019 6:34 pm  

Hi Eloi! How do i use the Dj Nudge Function? Function + Step 13-16 doesn`t work. Can`t find any infos

ReplyQuote
Ultra K
(@ultra-k)
05/06/2019 8:34 pm  

Hi

I did the FW update and found a strange behaviour with the CV key rec :

sometimes it plays a C1 after a tie even if I don't play one and even if I'm in a user scale without C.

I find the new possibility of recoding longer gate a little bit annoying. It's hard to not make a tie in live rec mode. I have to go to gate & tie to desactivate the tie(s) I don't want in the track after the live rec.

ReplyQuote
Lothar K Heitz
(@radpix)
New Member Customer
07/06/2019 5:17 am  

Sounds all good as you added some Funktions and eleminated some bugs 

Is there a template or advice how to get the full setup of Eloquencer&EME  with the midifighter knobs from djtechtools ?.

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
07/06/2019 10:46 am  
Posted by: Responder

Hi Eloi! How do i use the Dj Nudge Function? Function + Step 13-16 doesn`t work. Can`t find any infos

Hi Ben! You need to be in tempo mode (FUNC + TEMPO) no need to press FUNC just steps from 13 to 16

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
07/06/2019 11:34 am  
Posted by: Ultra K

Hi

sometimes it plays a C1 after a tie even if I don't play one and even if I'm in a user scale without C.

I find the new possibility of recoding longer gate a little bit annoying. It's hard to not make a tie in live rec mode. I have to go to gate & tie to desactivate the tie(s) I don't want in the track after the live rec.

Hi ! We will check the bug you mention,  if I understood well : you are in CV key rec, scale is (example) D# - octave, your press a D5# and when you release the note a C1 appears ?

We consider important to record longer notes, maybe we can add an option where you can decide if you record long notes or not.

ReplyQuote
Akikaze
(@akikaze)
07/06/2019 5:16 pm  

Hello, I received the EME today and tried to update to 1.3. The flash memory was erased but the update failed. The display and leds are now blank and the Eloquencer's USB port is not found by the updater program. What can I do to solve this? 

ReplyQuote
Ultra K
(@ultra-k)
08/06/2019 4:42 pm  
Posted by: WinterModular

Hi ! We will check the bug you mention,  if I understood well : you are in CV key rec, scale is (example) D# - octave, your press a D5# and when you release the note a C1 appears ?

We consider important to record longer notes, maybe we can add an option where you can decide if you record long notes or not.

I found a easy way to reproduce the bug :

In CV key rec mode, hit some keys except a C or in a user scale without a C .You have to record in two or more loops of the track. It will record some ties. Go to gate & tie  and remove the ties. C1 apperars on the track.

I haven't understood the "rule" of the bug yet.

I hope it will help

And, as you say, an otpion to decide for longer notes or not would be great.

This post was modified 3 months ago 2 times by Ultra K

ReplyQuote
m.rav
(@m-rav)
09/06/2019 10:07 am  
Posted by: Ultra K

Hi

I would love the option to turn it on and off, as I'm also finding the new cv key rec tie feature annoying to use.  It's way too easy to record ties, and then if I'm working on say a 4-pattern long chain, going back to remove the ties takes a rather long time.  I also think the cv key rec mode is really needing a live delete key, something that lets you delete notes on the selected track while you hold it down.  It would be a lot nicer to not have to switch out of cv key rec mode to delete notes, especially while working on chained patterns.  You could use the step mode button, since it's unused in cv key rec mode, and just turn it red 🙂

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
09/06/2019 11:35 am  

You can hold the track button to delete the whole track, do you mean a 'delete while pressing' button?

ReplyQuote
m.rav
(@m-rav)
09/06/2019 5:31 pm  

You can hold the track button to delete the whole track, do you mean a 'delete while pressing' button?

yes exactly, so that if you enter a wrong note in cv key rec, you could press the step mode button and instead of adding it a note, it would delete the current note on that step.  kinda of like a cv key delete, so that you never need to leave the cv key rec mode to delete a single step.  the track clear will clear the whole track, but I want to be able to delete one note live in cv key rec mode.

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
11/06/2019 8:55 am  

Hi Ultrak !

Sorry! The forum had some kind of filtering and your message was being hold to approve.

Will check that C1 issue.

ReplyQuote
Ultra K
(@ultra-k)
12/06/2019 4:07 pm  

No worries.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3