Page 2 / 2
  RSS

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
04/05/2020 10:30 am  

Hi @synthdrome412,

Great to know it is solve.

It is the typical semi-brick, the flash is deleted but it can still receive a new upload.

ReplyQuote
sunfalls
(@sunfalls)
05/05/2020 8:24 pm  

quick inquiry:

if we're already at 1.3.8:

-do we need to recalibrate Eloquencer after installing the beta?

-must the EME be disconnected to install beta and/or recalibrated as well.

Or can we simply install beta and get to jamming?

cheers

https://www.instagram.com/sunfallsmusic/

ReplyQuote
ddoyen
(@ddoyen)
14/05/2020 5:14 pm  

I noticed a possible bug.

I am clocking the eloquencer with the keystep pro with a cv clock. I have the Reset In set to Rst Trigg. If I stop the keystep and start it again, the eloquencer restarts in time as it should. However, if I am multiplying the incoming clock from the keystep and stop the sequence, the eloquencer advances two steps into the sequence after I stop. I have to hit stop twice on the keystep in order for the eloquencer to restart in time.

ReplyQuote
wrlmuzik
(@wrlmuzik)
17/05/2020 4:30 pm  

Hello, I have a question about the new firmware-  In the new LIVE REC mode where you can record gate and CV using the CV1 and 2 inputs, would I be able to take the 'gate out' and 'kbd out' on my Moog Grandmother (sequencer ports) into these inputs and record sequences from the Moog into Eloquencer?  That would be amazing.  Also when do you think you'll be releasing the new firmware update?

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
19/05/2020 8:06 am  

Hi @sunfalls !

Sorry for the delay in the answer, these days are strange. 🙂
No need to recalibrate (unless you have a really old version, below 1.2.0)
EME can be connected while updating.

Yes ! 🙂 Install and jam ! (taking usual security measures)

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
19/05/2020 8:17 am  

Hi @ddoyen !

Thanks for the feedback.

In the second scenario do you mean that you are multiplying the KSP clock (increasing clock speed)  and dividing in the Eloquencer input ? (FUNC + CLOCK > CLK in mult : /2)? or just in the KSP ? Is it possible that the KSP (as it is multiplying the clock) sends clock after the stop is pressed ? In this case, to avoid the KSP advancing the sequence, I would recommend another reset configuration if KSP allows to do so. Try to use a RUN type, the signal is HIGH when it is playing, and LOW when being stopped. In the Eloquencer reset configuration you should choose playH/stopL

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
19/05/2020 8:29 am  

Hi @wrlmuzik !

Yes I think so, From the MGM manual:

ARP / SEQ MODULE
GATE OUT: This jack produces a Gate with each new note played on the keyboard, played by the Arpeggiator, or played by the Sequencer.5 Ohms; +8 Volt Gate.
KB OUT: This jack delivers a Control Voltage (CV) based on the key played by the Keyboard, Arpeggiator, or Sequencer.5 Ohms; -5 to +5 Volts.KB
VEL OUT:
This jack delivers a Control Voltage (CV) based on the velocity of the key played by the Keyboard or Arpeggiator. During Sequencer playback, this jack will output a control voltage envelope when steps with an Accent are played.5 Ohms; 0 to +5 Volts.

So yes ! you can use those outputs to Record sequences, 8 Volts is enough to trigger the input, in case of KB out, you will only be able to use the positive part, so start using the keyboard from its middle part.

Additionally, using the EME you would be able to record and play it using MIDI IN and MIDI OUT.

Regarding the final FW release, we are adding some new features and correcting the issues that beta testers have found. I don't know, maybe a month?

ReplyQuote
ddoyen
(@ddoyen)
20/05/2020 12:21 am  

@wintermodular thanks

In the second scenario I am multiplying the incoming clock from the ksp in the eloquencer clock in settings (clock in: x2) Then I usually set all channels on eloquencer to divide by 2 but this allows me to have multiplied x2 on a track if needed. In fact, i noticed if a track is set to divide by 2 on eloquencer, it will reset to the first step (rather than before the first step as it should) and if it is not divided it will reset to the second step as I said above. 

This post was modified 6 days ago 2 times by ddoyen

ReplyQuote
wrlmuzik
(@wrlmuzik)
20/05/2020 11:22 pm  

@wintermodular Thanks for the reply!  I love the GM's step entry sequencer, and I thought it would be cool to be able to use it with the new features.  When you say "play the keyboard from it's middle part," do you mean lower notes won't register because of the CV input voltage range on the Eloquencer?

ReplyQuote
wrlmuzik
(@wrlmuzik)
21/05/2020 6:19 am  

@wintermodular Just wanted to report back on the Moog Grandmother sequencer sending cv and gate out, I could not get it to work properly.  Cv was not recording and gates were coming through only periodically.  I had the CV1 input set to +/-5V and the CV2 (gate) input at 0-10V, and I also tried the +/5V setting for the gate input as well and neither was working.  I plan on picking up the EME eventually, but I thought this might work for now.  Any thoughts on my settings?  I checked the Grandmother manual and I was able to check the Global setting and set the KB out to +/5V, and that's about it. 

Thanks 🙂

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
21/05/2020 8:39 am  

Hi @wrlmuzik 

Posted by: @wrlmuzik

do you mean lower notes won't register because of the CV input voltage range on the Eloquencer?

Exactly, the CV in used for this purpose will only record positive values.

I don't know what is going on...

Are you trying to record from the LIVE REC mode 'CV IN GATE1 CV2' , right ? If you leave the LIVE REC mode it stops recording.

Regarding the -5/5V or 0/10V selection, it should work in both configurations, the important thing is that both configurations (the rear physical switch and software configuration) are paired.

Another guess... When you power up the synth, what can you see in the initial screen? specially in the 'CV in tune' section. Could you try to tune the CV in (FUNC + OPTIONS >TUNE > CV in tune).

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
21/05/2020 8:43 am  

@ddoyen OK ! I will try to build a similar setup, and try to reproduce (and solve!) the issue.

Thanks for the feedback.

ReplyQuote
wrlmuzik
(@wrlmuzik)
21/05/2020 7:50 pm  

@wintermodular   So I got it to work but the notes coming out of the eloquencer when sending out to another module (I'm testing with Braids and Plaits) but the pitch information going to the modules is not accurate.  Pitches were sliding and coming out flat or sharp. I have tried a lot of different settings, but nothing seems to be working.  I think I will revert back to 1.3.8 and wait until I can pick up the EME.  It seems like an easier option.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2