Problem calibrating...

Notifications
Clear all

Problem calibrating CV In 0v after update?  

RSS

nickbaba
(@nickbaba)
Active Member Customer
14/08/2020 11:14 pm  

I just updated FW from 1.0.0. (I know, vintage) to 1.3.8 so I have to re-calibrate my Eloquencer CV Ins. But after going through the process several times I can't seem to get the 'flashing' Mute lights I should be seeing.

I'm following the instructions correctly (I think) but when I switch to Mute for the final check, all the track lights are off. I think I understand what should be happening, that the LFO going to CV1 or 2 In should be activating the tracks Mutes (right?) but it just doesn't seem to work.

Anyone else had problems with this calibration, any helpful tips please?

nickbaba
(@nickbaba)
Active Member Customer
15/08/2020 3:46 pm  

UPDATE: Now I am really scratching my head - I can get it working with CV 1 but not CV 2.

If I follow the instructions through for the CV 1 process I can get the LFO/Mute flashing lights as expected. Follow exactly the same process for CV 2 and nothing happens. I'm starting to wonder if I have a hardware problem with CV2 input? Can't see any other explanation. (When I try to calibrate CV2 I put the CV1 assign back to 'none' so they are not set to MUTE BIN simultaneously, in case that's a problem)

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
19/08/2020 11:18 am  

Hi @nickbaba !

wow...  1.0.0... that's really vintage  😀

You answered one of the suggestions I was going to make. I was going to say that if MUTE is selected simultaneously it can give problems.

It is probably correct, but just to be sure: regarding the 0/10 -5/5 range, does the rear physical switch match the software configuration (FUNC + OPTIONS > CV assign > range) ?  Remember that if your Eloquencer is from first run (serial number starting at 1) the physical switch is inverted.

Have you tried a different assign, for example 'cv add' or 'cv q' ?

ReplyQuote
nickbaba
(@nickbaba)
Active Member Customer
21/08/2020 6:52 pm  

Hi thanks for your reply  - my Eloquencer is indeed first run #1029 - do you mean the physical switch is inverted from what's written on the sticker next to it?

My sticker says +/- 5v in down position, 0-10v up position.

Is the switch in fact reversed from that?

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
24/08/2020 10:08 am  

@nickbaba if you have the sticker believe in it. If you have a first batch Eloquencer and the sticker is not there, the PCB silk screen is lying.

If you have the 'MUTE BIN' selected, all the tracks are selected, and the physical switch (sticker) matches the software range (0/10 -5/5) it should work, unless there is something wrong in hardware.

Have you tried both range configurations ? Have you tried both (mute and fil) in the CV2 ?

ReplyQuote
nickbaba
(@nickbaba)
Active Member Customer
24/08/2020 10:40 am  
Thanks for clarifying - I am wondering if I have a hardware problem as now I notice that it won't recognize EXT tempo at all. I'm clocking it from ALM PNW, with Pam's clock set to x4. On the Tempo screen External tempo is always displayed as 0 (zero). If i switch to INT tempo it plays as normal. (yes, I am using the Clock input next to the Reset input, not the Clock output!!)

Similarly if I set Reset mode to Run High/Stop Low I can start/stop the Eloq from Pam's (using Pam's ON modifier) with INT tempo - but if I then change tempo to EXT (clocked from Pam's) then the Eloq will not start at all.

Does that sound like a hardware issue to you? Everywhere I've looked online the Eloq 'just works' when an EXT clock is presented to it...?

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
25/08/2020 11:10 am  

It seems a hardware problem...

Could you please contact support@winter-modular.com and we will decide on how to proceed ?

ReplyQuote
nickbaba
(@nickbaba)
Active Member Customer
25/08/2020 9:04 pm  

Yes will do

ReplyQuote