Can i send reset/st...

Notifications
Clear all

Can i send reset/stop start from Beatstep pro to Eloquencer

Mattbodom
(@mattbodom)
Topic starter  

Hi all, I have just purchased Eloquencer, haven't even recieved it yet but i'm wondering if there is a way i can slave it to my beatstep pro?

BSP has clock out/in and no reset out. The only other 3.5mm jacks are for Midi out and can send stop/start via DIN but can the Eloquencer revieve stop/start from Midi out via 3.5mm Jack? I don't want to go ahead and try and end up breaking my module.

I'm very new to modular systems so sorry if this is a dumb question

Thanks

Topic Tags
pcharles
(@pcharles)

Seems like most here are taking a holiday break from the forums, so I'll try to respond...

Clock in/out alone should be sufficient to start/stop your Eloquencer and generally keep in time sync. When you pause the clock on the Beatstep, the Eloquencer will pause on the current step when configured to respond to external tempo (Func -> Tempo -> Tempo: Ext).

I don't have a Beatstep pro or know how it behaves, but I imagine that if/in situations where stopping it causes it to move the first step, then you may need to double-tap the start/stop button to force the Eloquencer to also move to the first step.

hope that helps,

-patrick

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin

Yes Patrick @pcharles ! 🙂 We needed a holiday break, sorry for the silence in the forum. 

Happy that you (correctly) answered the question, in fact that was forum original idea, that users could help each other.

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin

Hi and welcome @mattbodom ! There is no dumb question !
The answer that @pcharles gave you is good!

If you want to slave the Eloquencer to BSP using analog clock you need to:

- Cable from BSP clock out to ELOQ CLK IN
- Configure the BSP to 1/16 clock or 1 pulse per step
- Configure the Eloquencer to external tempo 'FUNC +TEMPO > Tempo: Ext'
- Leave the default clock multiplier configuration ' FUNC +CLOCK > CLK IN mult: - '

As @pcharles comments you need the reset signal if you want the ELOQ going to its first position everytime you press play/stop in the master (BSP).
In this case, without reset signal in the master, you will need to:
- Stop the master
- Press PLAY/ STOP button twice in the ELOQ
- Press Play in the master

Another solution is to use the EME (Eloquencer MIDI expansion), and connect both devices via MIDI connection. In this case when you press Stop in the master the Eloquencer will automatically jump to its first position and wait until a PLAY(MIDI message) and CLOCK(MIDI messages) is received.

ReplyQuote