Clock issue in song...

Notifications
Clear all

Clock issue in song menu  

modulpaule
(@modulpaule)
Topic starter  

Hello there, 

i got an Eloquencer (FW 1.3.8) a few moth ago and are using it for sequencing drums as well as one bass and one synth line.

I want to use this as a live performance tool and be able to switch between created parts, mute/unmute tracks, apply ratchets, etc.

But when doing so i really struggle to get pleasant result. 

As soon i go to the song menu (Func+Song) the sequencers clock gets broken. I think the same happens when holding down only the FUNC+Ratchet button.

In this menu, the time between the first and the second step is bigger than for all other steps from 2-16. So the clock is messed up and jittering. 

Now when i start turning the encoder to navigante to "Play Parts", the sequencers clock is slowed down extremely. As soon as i stop turning the encoder, the clock is getting to normal speed again, but still the time between first and second step is bigger than all other steps.

When i then enter the "Play Parts" menu, the clock is back to normal and the sequencer works fine.

Does anyone else experience this kind of issue? 

So i tried to avoid to let the module stay in "Song Menu" but instead stay inside the "play parts" menu where timing is working fine.

But when i then mute one track by pressing FUNC+Ratchet+TrackX, the display jumps back to the "Song menu" where the clock issue appears.

I hope the discription is understandable and would be happy to get this fixed anyhow.

Many thanks in advance.

PS: Just another issue i discovered: When the first step is a ratchet of triplets and you start the sequencer, only the first of the 3 notes is played. Anyone disovered this issue too? 

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin

Hi @modulpaule ,

It seems something really critical. Apparently it seems to be a FW problem but it is the first time I've been informed about this so maybe it could another thing. Let me check in depth and I will come back to you.

Thanks for the detailed feedback.

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin

Hi @modulpaule ! OK ! 🙂 I've found something! Well... you found it ! The display was being refreshed out of the sync security zone.
It will be solved in the next FW update, meanwhile if you are interested I can publish a patch for version 1.3.8,  If you are interested: Which OS will you use for update ?

Regarding the other issue. First ratchet only plays one note after power up. I can't reproduce it... Could you give me more context? tempo external or internal, track reset config, master track...

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by WinterModular

ReplyQuote
modulpaule
(@modulpaule)
Topic starter  

Hi @wintermodular

many thanks for the fast reply and especially for finding the issue this quick. 

It would be really great to get a patch for the issue. I'm using a windows 10 PC for the update.

Regarding the ratchet issue, I'll start a new topic to have it seperated from this one.

ReplyQuote