CV Keyboard Pitch E...

Notifications
Clear all

CV Keyboard Pitch Encoding

CRThaze
(@crthaze)
Topic starter  

Apologies if this is documented somewhere already and I've just missed it. But I have a MIDI keyboard with CV output which I often use for playing my eurorack. I'd really find it convenient if I could plug it into the CV 1 or 2 inputs and use it while programming a sequence to select the pitch I want to encode on a step. It might also be nice to be able to plug my gate output into the other CV input to also (optionally) encode a gate length. Is this already possible? Or could it be a feature request for a future version of the firmware?

Thanks!

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin

Have you checked the version 1.3.9? You can use the two CV inputs to record gates and CVs, or you can use EME (Eloquencer MIDI Expansion) to edit notes using a MIDI keyboard.

-New LIVE REC mode: GATE1 CV2. Records gates and Cvs using the two CV inputs. Gate in CV in 1 and CV in CV in 2. Find it in FUNC + LIVE REC >CV IN GATE1 CV

-Possibility to change notes using a MIDI keyboard. Being in CV step edition mode and pressing a keyboard key while holding the desired step

ReplyQuote
edIT
 edIT
(@edit)
New Member Customer

I'm running FW 1.3.9 but I can't seem to program notes from my keyboard while the transport is running. I can only program notes when the transport is stopped. This makes it kinda hard to improvise on the fly. Is there any way to hold down a step and press a MIDI keyboard to program notes while the transport is running?

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin

Hi @edit !

There are 2 different ways to introduce notes:

1) While being in pause/stop, you press the step and then you press the note in the MIDI keyboard, so you are able to choose the note for the step you are pressing. This mode is intended to do small refinement in a previous recorded sequence.

2) While being in play, this is just one mode in LIVE REC, you just need to choose which MIDI Channel and MIDI track do you want to use. You need to go to LIVE REC and then choose MIDI IN REC. In the MIDI IN configuration you choose the MIDI channel that will be sent to the focused channel, or you can also choose multirecording, MIDI CH1 > Track A, MIDI CH7 > Track B, ... , MIDI CH 8 > Track H...

Do you mean that you would like to have both functions while being in play? It could be a little bit confusion that the LIVE REC stop recording notes if a step is pressed?

ReplyQuote