Shortcut to loop si...

Notifications
Clear all

Shortcut to loop single pattern

perptia
(@perptia)
Topic starter  

Forgive me if this is obvious or has been covered before, but is there a way to loop a specific pattern in a faster way than doing the following:

• func+pattern (hold) number
  • press pattern

?

Thanks

This topic was modified 3 months ago 3 times by perptia

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Moderator

Hi @perptia

There are different ways to do so:

- Using the shortcut FUNC + encoder: Hold FUNCTION button and move the encoder to choose the target pattern, the jump will take place once you release the FUNCTION button.

- Using the EME (Eloquencer MIDI expansion): There are 4 configurable buttons, you can assign 'next pattern' or 'previous pattern' to these buttons so you will be able to choose the next pattern, in this case the jump will take place at the end of the pattern, so the easiest is to jump to a consecutive pattern, but if you are quick enough you can do bigger jump.

- (Future) Using the EME there will be the possibility to change the pattern via CC MIDI message

ReplyQuote
perptia
(@perptia)
Topic starter  

Hi there - I knew about the first one but I do not have the EME (yet).  What I'm trying is slightly different, and it doesn't seem to overlap w/ the EME options you mentioned, nor is it really the same as the FUNC+enc option. 

Also:  I should apologize, because I do not think I articulated this well in my intial post:

Let's say you have chained some patterns together (via R.Divine mode) and they're playing sequentially (not song mode or part mode).  As the patterns cycle, you can see that they are changing if you hold the FUNC button.  Meaning, the display shows you what is current, and what is about to happen next.  The LED matrix does not show the cursor unless the active pattern matches the "currently editing" pattern.  This all makes sense.  Now, what would be nice is if you could use some button combo during this playback to 1. exit pattern-chain, and 2. "loop the currently editing pattern", as it's clear that the Elo knows which pattern is currently being played, but it doesn't automatically display this pattern.  It would simply speed up workflow during this process. 

Now, I realize that this pattern-chain thing is not really a standard feature (it was brought up by R.Divine IIRC), so I understand if this cannot be implemented.  But hopefully what I am asking is now more clear?  🙂

ReplyQuote
perptia
(@perptia)
Topic starter  

Update:  I see that this is possible via parts here in your introductory video.  It's precisely this functionality I'm interested in, but specifically within the context of pattern-chaining.  If this is not possible I completely understand.  Thanks!

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Moderator

Hi @perptia!

Regarding the quick 'pattern chain mode':

- If you press a pattern that is not inside the chain, you will jump to play and edit that pattern.

- If you (single) press a pattern that is inside the chain you will edit that pattern, but the loop will be active.

- If you press (holding) a pattern inside the chain it will jump to play and edit that pattern. This seems to be the case you are asking for, you leave the chain and start to play another single pattern.

Regarding parts, a trick / workaround could be to have a part with 4 patterns looped, and another part with just one pattern.

ReplyQuote
perptia
(@perptia)
Topic starter  

@wintermodular 

Thanks!

ReplyQuote