Documentation of th...

Notifications
Clear all

Documentation of the pin headers

modular01
(@modular01)
Topic starter  

Hi,

Currently i am building a new case with lots of utilities and pre-wiring all my modules that have pin headers on the back and are having sequencing capabilities.

Gate and CV pins of the power bus seems to be unused by eloquencer - so its obviously not possible to use those for clock and reset, right?

I want to know if i can supply Eloquencer with clock+reset signals directly on the pin headers named SV1 and/or SV2.

Or is the only way to use the jacks on the front panel?

Note: i do not have the EME breakout module

Cheers

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin

Hi modular01!

Posted by: @modular01

Gate and CV pins of the power bus seems to be unused by eloquencer - so its obviously not possible to use those for clock and reset, right?

That's right, those pins are not available in the Eloquencer.

Posted by: @modular01

I want to know if i can supply Eloquencer with clock+reset signals directly on the pin headers named SV1 and/or SV2.

SV1 and SV2 are exclusively made for serial transmission purposes, for expansion modules (as EME case).
I could change the code to convert those pins in clock and reset, but then I would block the tx funciotnality.

As you mentioned the only way to do so is using the external jacks, (or , not your case, using start/stop and clock MIDI messages)

ReplyQuote
modular01
(@modular01)
Topic starter  

@wintermodular thanks for clarifying this! 

I think i am going to solder a tiny "flying" cable directly to the PCB. so i am able to achieve this wiring inside the case.

I am new to the whole modular thing - maybe it would be nice to have those pins on the backside in a future hardware revision!?

Or maybe i am the only one who thinks that a permanent wiring for synchronisation inside the case is a benefit. i have to learn to think in a more modular way where no permanent wiring exists 😀

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin

@modular01

At some point, during design phase, we thought about those CV and Gate pins but we discard it.

Flexibility is one of the gifts that modular offers us, could be an offence to the Modular Gods to reject it

ReplyQuote