How to exit random ...

Notifications
Clear all

How to exit random mode

perptia
(@perptia)
Topic starter  

Hi there,

When I am in [random] mode I frequently want to jump to another function in the module like CV editing or GATE editing.

Is there a way to do this more directly?  Currently I find that I have to go to an alternate mode like [tempo] or whatever and then press CV/Gate to edit.

Something like holding [revert] + [data] button would be cool, no?  It could simply kick you out into the most recently edited mode...

Or is there some way to do this that I'm missing?

This topic was modified 3 months ago 4 times by perptia

Another_user
(@another_user)
Eminent Member

Hello, 

as I know the only way to exit the [Random] mode isto rotate the rotary encoder to reach the bottom of the list seen in the display called [Exit] and pressing the encoder.

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Moderator

Hi @perptia,

The thing is that the edition step buttons are being use to activate or de-activate the step parameters in random, so if you want to jump to another mode, you just need to jump to that mode ( FUNC + x ), if you want to jump to the step edition modes (CV,GATE, GATE LEN or RAT), as @another_user mentions, you can move the encoder and select 'back'

ReplyQuote
perptia
(@perptia)
Topic starter  

@Another_user @WinterModular - thank you for the clarification.  I was not aware of the back function.  I find it more immediate/intuitive to holding something and waiting.  I appreciate that [hold] functions are used throughout the interface of the module (and that we're not talking about a long time to wait), but this sometimes feels like a limitation.  I acknowledge that the hold/wait model is used across all manner of modules in euro and that you are certainly not alone in this design decision.

This post was modified 3 months ago by perptia

ReplyQuote
Another_user
(@another_user)
Eminent Member

@perptia, @WinterModular
and I am happy to have learned something because as up to yesterday I wasn't aware of the procedure mentioned using the [FUNC] button.
So thank you to both of you 🙂

ReplyQuote
perptia
(@perptia)
Topic starter  

@wintermodular - can you tell me if there is a way to make the eloquencer default to randomizing layers for the currently (previously) selected track?  The default as far as I can tell is to randomize the entire pattern, which is not preferable.

ReplyQuote