LFO from gate + LFO...

Notifications
Clear all

LFO from gate + LFO setting per pattern

laneo
(@laneo)
Topic starter  

Hello,

After trying many sequencers in my modular, this is the one I´m keeping. Great job!

A couple of things I´d love to be included (in case they are possible and not actually there now):

1- I use my Elo to sequence 3 voices, so I only need 3 gates (and have 5 wasted gate outputs). So I´d love to have the option to send a LFO from the gate output and still use the CV to control anything else. Is that even possible or the gate outputs aren´t suited for that kind of job?

2- Right now the LFO setting is global. I´d love to have the LFO setting associated to each pattern, so in pattern A1 there is some LFO on track 1, on A2 there is another type/spedd LFO on track 1, on A3 ther isn´t a LFO on track 1, and so on...

Cheers

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Moderator

Hi @laneo ! Many thanks for your nice words 😍 

Regarding your suggestions:

1) As you were pointing, there is hardware limitation, the Gate output is 'like' digital: it can be '0' or '1' (  0 Volts or 8 Volts in this particular case). You can only use the CV outputs as LFO. Alternative workaround: place an slew limiter after the gate with long attack and release and you will be able to have a special LFO.

2) I will study. I can see 3 things to solve: a) memory to storage all the LFO information b) the interface to configure a specific LFO for each pattern could be too complex 3) if some one wants to set up a quick LFO for a group of patterns needs to go one by one.

Many thanks for the feedback !

ReplyQuote
laneo
(@laneo)
Topic starter  

@wintermodular Thanks for the quick answer!

1) I was afraid that was the case. Thanks for the slew suggestion.

2a+b+c) If the memory is not an issue(2a), then the interface should be exactly like the one already present(2b). The only difference would be that you have to set it up again on each new pattern, or copy it from another pattern (2c).

2a) If the memory is an issue, this can be solved with global LFO presets (right now you can store a maximum of 8 LFOs), and the only extra memory needed would be to select one of the 8 presets (or none) to each CV output per pattern.  This is more limited than the other option but less than the current one.

2b) something similar to whats actually present, but with an extra step:

LFO for current track: OFF / ON / 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8   (right now there are only the OFF/ON options)

Define LFO 1 (and when you click it you find the same parameters present in the actual interface)

Define LFO 2

.... etc until LFO 8

2c) No too hard in this scenario actually

Hope this helps,

Saludos!

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Moderator

@laneo
Thanks for the feedback! will study for future updates.

laneo liked
ReplyQuote