Pattern Chaining On...

Notifications
Clear all

Pattern Chaining On Single Channels

Frank
(@frank)
Topic starter  

Hey there! 

First of all thanks for the wonderful sequencer, hands on and a lot of fun! 

During jamming I came across an issue, I was not able to figure out so far.

Is it possible to have pattern chaining for single channels as well or only for all 8 together?

Like playing A1 - A4 but B1 is still in his loop? 

Best regards

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin

Hi @frank !

It can't be done directly. A workaround could be to duplicate a pattern. In your example duplicate PATTERN A1 3 times, then leave Track B untouched for the 4 patterns (A1, A2, A3 and A4) , and change the sequence in track A for patterns A1, A2, A3 and A4. If you have any kind of polimetrics in Track B remember to de-attach it from master track in order to keep the 'polimetrics pattern' synced, and avoid resetting the track every time you jump to the next pattern.

Thanks !

ReplyQuote
Frank
(@frank)
Topic starter  

Thanks for the fast answer!

Yes, that's what I'm doing 🙂 But thought maybe there's an more convenient way. 

I also might have an idea, which could be a request for future updates of the eloquencer. Using the analog rytm there's a round based trig option. That would be really cool for the eloquencer as well probably! 🙂 

Since the probability of 50% is still everytime a new 50% chance for the gate, the round based could say, every second or every foruth round this trigger will be played.

Best,

Frank 

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin

Hi Frank !

Yes ! you are not the first one to ask for this 'conditional' Elektron feature. I think it is a good idea but we don't want to add more features to thw existing interfaces that can kill the intuitive way the Eloquencer can be used.

ReplyQuote