Pitch stability iss...

Notifications
Clear all

Pitch stability issues

LarsDaniel
(@larsdaniel)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I have only just started using my Eloquencer for chord tracks, and that has brought forth another issue: Pitch fluctuations that seems dependant on what else is going on in the sequencer on other tracks. I have again made a video that demonstrates the issue: https://youtu.be/e9fj-tM9k4Y

I know I can not expect 100% absolute precision, but I feel that this issue is on the wrong side of acceptable imperfection.

In the video, I obtain the long notes by setting the track stepmode to Repeat 16. The other way of doing it, is to set stepmode to Div /16, however both methods give me exactly same pitch issue.

I really hope a fix is possible. 

Cheers

-Lars

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin

Hi @larsdaniel !  and thanks again for the detailed and precise report.

All the cases where this behavior has been reported are related with a power supply issue.

Most of the cases reported have been solved using another case, changing the power supply or rearranging the case in terms of power. There was another case where one was introducing noise in the voltage.

Talking a look at your video my first hypothesis is that after your revert the sequence more power is required (because there are more LEDs changing) so guessing that the power supply could be in its consumption limit, the need of power makes the power supply voltage drop and this voltage drop affects on the CV.

Let's first try to isolate the problem, do you have another case to do tests with the two modules involved isolated? (elo + osc) If so, please do the same test but with only this two modules connected to power supply.

I'm not saying 'this is not Eloquencer fault, the problem is in the power supply'. Sometimes eurorack can be tricky because we are putting together many pieces designed by different people and sometimes a problem can be a sum of factors. I will try to help you find it out !

ReplyQuote
LarsDaniel
(@larsdaniel)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Yup, I have another case. Will investigate...

ReplyQuote